Portacabin electricity supply

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by James7777, Jan 28, 2021.

  1. James7777

    James7777 New Member

    I’ve recently moved a steel portacabin from one part of a site to another.
    The electricity supply was via armoured cable above ground from a builders temp supply and consumer box to a rc pro socket on the container.
    The container came supplied with its own internal consumer board.
    To power water heater, conv heater, lighting, fridge , microwave, kettle etc (not heavy use)
    It is now sited 15m from numerous outbuildings which all have individual consumer boards and earth rods.
    Can I simply connect the armour cable to the nearest consumer board and if so what rcd required and is any extra earthing required to the steel container?
  2. Banallsheds

    Banallsheds Well-Known Member

    Not a DIY job. Call in a professional.
  3. Nomenklatura

    Nomenklatura Active Member

    It's a "site". It must surely have an electrician.

    And if it hasn't got managers aware of their EAWR obligations it's got trouble brewing.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice