Postcodes?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by Everhard Threlfall, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Everhard Threlfall

Everhard Threlfall New Member

What was the big argument over postcodes?

2. Mr Ian

Mr Ian New Member

I want a longer one

3. Everhard Threlfall

u can get an enlargement, visit an german surgeon. apparently theyre the best.

4. Everhard Threlfall

Hopefully this will end the postcode argument. The idea of asking for your postcode is every customer has a personal file, this file is easiest to locate by taking your postcode, any transaction can then be processed for your own personal file and at any point if you have to return anything then its easy to find when and where you purchased it, it is for customer and business benefit, maybe people going in for some screws will feel it unnecessary but someone who has bought a cement mixer which has blown up and cant find the invoice will be extremely relieved to find that because they gave their postcode and the date of purchase is easy to find, as is the refund or replacement mixer!

5. Everhard Threlfall

6. Everhard Threlfall

neither are you

7. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    Catch The Boy by the toe,
    When he hollers let him go,
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

8. Everhard Threlfall

i dont have any toes. or fingers.

9. That's a side effect of being born at low tide in the gene pool.

10. Everhard Threlfall

there are no tides in my pool?

11. dook

dook New Member

i dont have any toes. or fingers.

How do you type? :)

12. Everhard Threlfall

13. there are no tides in my pool?

Yeah. Nope. Probably. Definitely. Maybe.

Loz, yer sitting in the right pew, but yer in the wrong church.

14. Everhard Threlfall

Whats the story? (Morning Glory)

15. Twister

Twister New Member

THE BOY is totally correct, as someone who used to work for the company as well as someone who shops there regularly it is far easier to give my post code and surname than to have them say sorry, no proof of purchase, no refund. If you are that worried about it then when you get your receipt take note of your customer number and give the trade counters that when you shop. Either that or once you shop, dont expect to return if its faulty.

16. Everhard Threlfall

THE BOY is totally correct, as someone who used to
    work for the company as well as someone who shops
    there regularly it is far easier to give my post code
    and surname than to have them say sorry, no proof of
    purchase, no refund. If you are that worried about
    it then when you get your receipt take note of your
    customer number and give the trade counters that when
    you shop. Either that or once you shop, dont expect
    to return if its faulty.

17. charlie121

charlie121 New Member

Ok, so what do you do when a member of staff cannot speak English well enough to understand your post code and in the end ask them if they will just do the transaction without the post code since they can't understand it.

The you have to get the manager out and explain to him what the problem is and he can do the transaction without the post code.

So, since I managed to buy a full cat 5 cabling kit without my post code I am waiting for screwfix to either:

1: Employ people who can understand English, or at least postcodes.

2. Enable me to purchase an item without having to repeat my post code several times including one attempt in phonetics v-e-r-y S-l-o-w-l-y but to no avail!

I have not been back since that date but I do keep an eye here just incase screwfix drops the idea or employees those who can understand English).

18. Everhard Threlfall

i sympathise but this isnt just a screwfix problem its a countrywide problem, screwfix shouldnt be employing people who dont understand english and these people who enter the country surely should be made to pass a basic english test before entering the country, or at least applying for jobs involving customer services. if they dont understand a simple postcode how they gonna understand simple safety regulations ie fire drills?!!?

19. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Ja ! Das is gut!