Potterton Suprima wall mounted Bolier system

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nigel1955, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Nigel1955

Nigel1955 New Member

I want to fit thermostatic valves (Screwfix of course!) to my c/h system. With Potterton Suprima Boiler is this an issue or just a careful drain down and re-fill situation making sure of getting rid of air as it fills up? Do i just tie up ball cock in tank and then release when finished or are there are special precautions I should take? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ST.KITTS

ST.KITTS New Member

To have piece of mind just turn all water off coming in to the house,turn emergenheater and boiler off,saves you going in loft.Find suitable drain off point on system,drain taps off to be sure.
    Will need a bleed key, start from top rads after about 10 mins,and work your way down the house.
    Maybe a little bit of water in lowest point radz(get a bin liner hold firmly round valve so gravity puts the water in bin bag),make sure there is no holes in by, blowing up it up and hear for air.
    PIPE NEAR RADZ
    If you have small microbore in, you will certainly have enough pipe to fit new valve on to OR if you have 15 mm pipe you may need to add a tiny bit of 15mm pipe so you get a good joint.
    Make sure you don't over tighten nut(most squeak when you make good joint)don't worry if it doesn't do this.
    Compression joints will best bet if needed.
    COMMISSIONING
    Turn all valves closed so if you have a leak you wont fill radz up unnecessarily and take ages draining down to fix joint(maybe an idea to change the other valves as they may leak when filling back up) math all the old valve nuts to fit the trv thread and lockshield thread.
    Might get an air lock just be patient and bleed the lowest point first(downstairs rad).
    Make certain you fill and bleed system fully and wait for tank to fill completely before turning on boiler and emergenheater.

3. John@KC

John@KC New Member

What on earth is this bloke on!!!!
    emergenheater???? radz????