Power shower problem.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Anzfar, May 3, 2010.

1. Anzfar

Anzfar New Member

Hi all.

I have an Aquastyle Aqualisa power shower. One of the connections on top of the water heater has touched the plastic shower casing causing it to melt with a 2cm hole. The connection looks a little rusty as the problem has been there for a few months. Any ideas on whats causing it?

As there is a hole, im worried about water getting into the internals so is it repairable or do I buy a new one instead. Thanks.

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Power shower Anzfar?

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Buy a new one M8..sounds like its stuffed.

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Nice try for a wind up..but not successful Anzar..;)

5. state-it

state-it New Member

JP - most customers of mine call an instantaneous electrically heated shower a 'power shower'.

Anzfar - The cause of your problem in most cases like this is down to a loose connection, causing high resistance at the termination, causing heat, thus the melting.

You need to buy a new shower.

And fit it properly this time.

6. 999

999 New Member

Nice try for a wind up..but not successful Anzar..;)

JP u the windy one like?

x

7. fabregas

fabregas New Member

Drill a small drain hole in the bottom to allow any water entering via the big hole in the top to drain out.

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hi State. Must say I find it very hard to equate an electric shower (instantaneous electrically heated shower) with a power shower..the two are totally different M8..:) Have a good one State.

;)

9. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

This is most likely due to a loose (high resistance) termination.In which case the terminal block should be replaced, the cable trimmed back and reterminated with the hole in the enclosure simply being filled with silicon sealant. No need for a new unit. 'Make do and mend'.

Lucia.

10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Strewth..now that is rough..flipping heck Lucia..:)

11. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Try steeping them in Steradent instead of gin luv..;)

12. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

For goodness' sake JP! There's no need to scrap a shower unit for the sake of a simple terminal block. And there's nothing wrong with sealing a small hole in the enclosure using silicon sealant.

Why don't you explain your cockeyed reasoning to the contrary?

Lucia.

13. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

2 cm hole Lucia..hardly small dear..:)

;)

14. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

"'tis not so wide as a church door, nor deep as a well, but 'twill suffice".....

x

15. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Nice one Lucia..I do like those little dittys.