Power Tool Storage - Loft

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Daniel_77p, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Daniel_77p

Daniel_77p Member

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could give advice as to storage of power tools in the loft? I've had a google and nothing really comes up.

Have overboard the attic, so insulation with stilts, plyboard, job is done. Now would like to store my power tools up there, just thinking that it can get rather hot/cold in summer/winter. Is this advisable?

2. amendment2

amendment2 Active Member

Apart from the inconvenience, I imagine battery life would be shortened by the temperature extremes

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Tools fine but not batteries. Many things get wrecked in lofts

4. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

In a past life I kept all my tools in the loft, (no other choice at the time!), for a period of about 5 years. they only came down as and when needed, and none suffered any ill effects.
    However, If I recall correctly I had no battery operated tools then. If I did it would only have been a cheap domestic drill/driver... and in those days they were all rubbish capacity batteries!

Good luck,
    Cando

5. Daniel_77p

Daniel_77p Member

Thanks all, batteries I will keep in the house. Not too much of a PITA, just have not got too much storage that's all. Thanks again!