Power tools 10v - 12v

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

The smaller powered battery tools are looking very good value for money at the moment considering their price and performance. I have two sets of Bosch drill / impact gun which is very good but only get to use the occasionally because my kids grabbed them. The Bosch is a bit small for my hands but still useful for awkward places and gives a bit more control on things like small hinge screws.

The offer I got through on email earlier was a bit of an eye opener with the drill also having a hammer setting.
    upload_2019-6-11_18-0-48.png

This one came through as well

upload_2019-6-11_18-4-23.png

KIAB likes this.
  2. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

I have seen and tried one of the small Bosch - part of a much larger kit with extra accessories. Definitely worh considering.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

I have a few of the Dewalt 10.8v. Torch, drill, impact, screwdriver, recip, usb and laser level. Great compact stuff. Use it a lot day to day. Especially the 610 screwdriver which is superb.

Originally bought it for my kids to use!

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Got a Bosch 10.8v combi drill,superb kit, like the option you can use 12v batteries as well.

5. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Thanks, didn't realise that - although little chance of being me the ones I got :)

KIAB likes this.
  6. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

I have the Bosch drill, used it today funnily enough to hang doors, superb tool. Light as a feather, plenty of power and torque, money wise an absolute bargain. 10/10.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

8. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Bosch 10.8v here, pretty much the drill I use the most apart from the Bosch 24v SDS.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the Bosch but the Makita is the old model, they have a different battery now but the old ones were good apart from the hammer action as it wouldn't even go into soft brick.

10. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Shame because it is rare to find a hammer action on a drill that small - perhaps that's why

11. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member