Power Washer recommendation

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Theleman, Nov 28, 2018.

1. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Thanks for the update, Bosch is good maker of pressure washers, so much so, price apart, it would be a "toss up" between it and NilFisk

Theleman and KIAB like this.
  2. Theleman

Theleman Active Member

Thank you Alvy.

Yes, I was about an inch close to get Nilfisk, but changed decision at very last minute.
    In a way, I am glad. This AQT150 is great machine, and looks good too.

Without much effort, I think I have become an ardent Bosch user.

It is all because of a small Bosch 41ACCU Battery powered Hedge trimmer. I think I have got it from Argos about 10 year ago.
    It is under powered, and blade is tiny, but it is still going strong, and good machine to trim leafy plants and hedges.
    Quiet operation and lightness in weight is the strength of 41ACCU. I just added a new Bosch Hedge Trimmer AHS 65-34 into my tool shed, which is a cracking machine again in different ways. :)

3. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Some of the pressure washers are around 2kw or more power, so you need to use a 13amp extension and fully unwind it or cable could heat up and melt.
    Hope your electrics have RCD?

4. Theleman

Theleman Active Member

AQT150 is rated at 2200 Watts.

Extension cable had 13A fuse, but it is blown as soon as AQT150 is switched on. Later at night I replaced it with 13A fuse, and it is working fine the now.

No I don't have RCD, but when connected the AQT150 to wall main socket in the kitchen directly, it worked fine without blowing anything.
    Used it for about continuous 3 hours in the afternoon until got dark.

Cleaned the patio and washed car and driveway.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  5. Theleman

Theleman Active Member

AQT150 is good in that way that motor only runs when lance gets triggered.

My old PowerDevil washer had motor which ran all the time when switched on regardless of the lance triggered or not. It is buckled now, leaks badly.