powerflush price to sub contractor

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by plumberstool, Jan 9, 2008.

1. plumberstool

plumberstool New Member

I had an email asking if I wanted to sub to an agency powerflushing systems, it turns out its for british gas, they are paying 8hrs @ £20.00 is this a fair price for this work? and how long would an average powerflush take, and are there hidden problems which occur any info appreciated thanx

2. Cobblers

Cobblers New Member

do they supply the powerflush and chemicals, or do you have your own flusher?

3. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

£160 i'll sit indoors and watch the world go by.
    when they have just charged the customer £550.

4. plumberstool

plumberstool New Member

they supply the machine and chemicals, and looking on the kamco website they say it should take about 5/6hrs for a 3 bed semi, not having done one, is this about right? as I asked what are the pitfalls/ problems that occur, did not think £160 was bad for 5/6hrs work, and surely not to heavy work, going rate is about £150 a day locally in in yorkshire thanx

5. arfurrrr

arfurrrr New Member

"going rate is about £150 a day locally in yorkshire thanx"

Since when ! don`t sell yourself short , at 150 a day less tax , less van , less fuel , less consumables = your not making anything

6. plumberstool

plumberstool New Member

I meant if your working for a company surely your not going to get more than £20 an hr, others I talk to charge around £25 an hr on day work or £200 a day, I nearly always work on a price, very rarely do day work, the next job im going to wont need plumbers till end of feb, then it will probally last 8months if it like the one we hav just finished, so thought it might help finances till then

7. Bungditin.

Bungditin. New Member

Been to a customer who BG contract and they want them to pay £700 to do a powerflush and if they don't then they won't be covered for any more repairs.

8. sussexplumb1

sussexplumb1 New Member

If you have free days without other work I'd do it. After all you can always tell them to sling their hook if it turns out to be no good. On the plus side you may pick up other private plumbing work. Remember when powerflushing you may discover leaks or work which needs to be done - who pays for this?

9. graceland

graceland Active Member

time sounds about right mate, have a crack

10. graceland

graceland Active Member

theres an agency that runs the BG warmfront contract in London.
    these are their rates for a sub contractor who has to supply sundries, own powerflusher, van etc.
    Codes Labour Contractor prices Pay Rate

G1 Full System and upto 5/6 rads inc gas run. 625
    G2 Remove old system 90
    G3 Verticle flue 73

G4 Combi to combi inc power flush, part L and up to 5 Mtr Gas 290

G5 Conv to Combi inc power flush, part L and up to 5 Mtr Gas 345

G6 Conv to Conv inc power flush, part L and up to 5 Mtr Gas 290

G7 Conv to F/Pumped inc all new valves and re pipe Cly cupboard 150

G8 BBU to Combi 410

G9 Install New Cylinder 36

G10 Replace tank in loft 36

G11 Fit new tank in loft 36

G12 Replacedment rads with valves (no drops) 60

G13 Gas run over 5Mts (not on full system) 7

G14 Install new Rads including Valves 36

G15 Vertical Flue 73

G16 Remove Mulipiont and make good 36

G17 Remove wall Htr and make good 10

G18 Fit capping per drop 6

G19 TRV's or valve exchange per rad (Pair) 10

G20 Day rate if applicabe @£15.00ph

All consumables and minor building materials to be provided by Contractor.

All Safe working prices and PPE to be provided by Contractor

Electrician to be provided by Client

All extra WF materials to be provided by Client

All extra material used on job to be claimed from site Manager
    for re issue to Contractor from Plumbs

Waste to be removed by contractor to Clients designated sites

11. fuctifino

fuctifino New Member

12. fuctifino

fuctifino New Member

What i meant was,those prices are carp.

13. Simon J

Simon J New Member

What's the average price for a powerflush, say semi-detached, 8 rads?

14. Jimthecob

Jimthecob New Member

Hi Simon here in cheshire for 12 rad system B.G. are charging £647.00 for a powerflush.I know this because I have recently copped for two of them I have used chemical desludge and inhibitor at half the cost its nice work.

15. Simon J

Simon J New Member

Thanks Jim for the info, I work in South Manchester so its good to get a feel for the local market.

Going on a Kamco one-day course in a couple of weeks to learn how to use the kit.

looking forward to adding it to my skills list.

16. v12man

v12man New Member

Simon!!!!!!!!!!

Thats not what jim is saying! He thinks powerflushing is the devil's work! he just puts the some chemicals in for a while and hopes that when he drains down all the **** will come out!

Sad Sad fool! He is the one ripping people off, not just Bg! If he has not cleared all of the **** out the inhibitor is useless! It will just need doing again in a couple of years.

Jim the cowboy would be more suitable!

V12

17. takethemoneyandrun

takethemoneyandrun New Member

Hey Elvis, weren't you telling us the other week that you were going to earn a gazillion quids a week along with all the rest of your Harry Enfield mates down in Laaandan?
    Do the agency also tell you that, you are responsible for the boiler for the first month, and that all remedials are to be done by you, in your own time.
    That EAGA have inspectors that are trained to find fault on your installations and in fact they get PAID A BONUS for finding fault..
    EG filling loop on flow instead of return; filling loop NRV on boiler side in contradiction to MIs.
    That they expect a combi - combi in a day - no need to worry about power-flushes, you don't have time to do 'em; it's all done on a nudge and a wink.
    That you have to collect your own boiler from plumbcentre on the morning of the job. When everyone else is trying to collect!!!
    That you have to do do all making good to a high standard or it will fail.
    That you have to do an hours worth of paperwork at the end of the job.
    That you will wait for several weeks for payment from BG (this is not just on EAGA jobs, but a common practice.)
    ETC ETC ETC
    Warmfront is a self-perpetuating fraud of government money carried out with their conniavance for the sake of large contractors at the expence of staff and those it is supposed to help.

18. v12man

v12man New Member

Yeah! But at least you get paid within 10yrs! Unlike Joe Pub

19. tightenit

tightenit New Member

For those sort of prices you'd be better off as a jobbing plumber.That's hard work for that sort of pay, especially if all the other drawbacks are true. I would think also in London that getting around and parking is a nightmare. carrying boilers up all those stairs and dealing with all the local nutters. £10 for 2 valves - yer avin a larf!

20. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Oh, £15 per hour, ***!