Pressure loss

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by desmitch, Jan 31, 2004.

1. desmitch

desmitch New Member

I have a C&M calydra 100 combi boiler installed during newbuild (2 years ago)has worked well but now losing pressure 2 bar to zero in three weeks. I noticed a slight water leak at the water throttle head assy (what does that do?)and by the plastic discolouration had been leaking for some time.. I brushed it clean and placed a drip tin beneath ( just to check the amount of leak) which stopped immediatly but the boiler stills loses pressure at above rate.. all rads have been checked. I will call in the manufacturers service agents but has anyone else had a similar experience

2. bilco

bilco New Member

3. desmitch

desmitch New Member

Thanks bilco.. have read that thread and gasman dave gives a good explanation as this is the problem I had with my last (ravenheat)combi and changing the expansion vessel solved it but here I am losing no water from the boiler which was the case with the ravenheat.last thurs when the pressure fell to zero I repressurised to 1+ bar on fri it was 1 bar on sat 1- bar on sun am 1 bar and at 12 am the C/H cut off and it had fallen back to zero. I refilled to 2 bar and DISCONNECTED the filling loop only because I read that this should not be constantly connected (can,t see what difference that makes ??)today it is at 2 bar and all seems well there are no leaks at rads or upstairs pipes ( would come through ceiling)that only leaves the downstairs pipes And all the floors are covered with glued laminate so I just want to cover every alternative before going there!!

4. bilco

bilco New Member

Hi desmitch

You could try sticking a couple of Fernox LSI bottles in the system, and see if that does it.

Ask Super Sparky how to get your laminate up ;) :(

5. desmitch

desmitch New Member

I decided to recheck all the rads just now and still no leaks but an upstairs rad had a small amount of air which I bled.. so I.ll keep an eye on the pressures this week.. If it comes to taking up the laminate I,ll check back