Price for a knock through and a bit of plastering

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by robertsc25, Jul 19, 2009.

1. robertsc25

robertsc25 New Member

Hi, I am just looking for a rough ball park figure for a bit of work I want doing.

I have two downstairs rooms I would like joining with a knock through, about double door size (no doors though). The wall I would like this done on is solid 9" wall, the floor joists above this do not span on to this wall but the ceiling joists do in the loft space.

The two rooms are approx 4m x 3m and I would like them both stripping down to brickwork and plaster boarded.

There are two radiators that would need moving / replacing where the knock through is going. these have pipes below timber floors so should be easy enough to move.

In one of the adjoining rooms I would like an existing doorway blocking up and a new doorway created further down the wall. This is a loadbearing wall with the floor joist bearing on to it above.

Finally, in the hall next to these rooms I would like a very short length of stud wall erected to create a utility room between the kitchen and the rear room (this is where the doorway above will be). The stud wall will be about 1.4m long.

Rough price would be great so we can get the finances sorted. Not looking for any decorating, maybe just skirting and window cills, but will do all painting and flooring myself. Also, will sort out the electrics myself.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit vague, not sure if you can post sketches onto this forum, only just signed up for it. Cheers for looking anyway.

2. robertsc25

robertsc25 New Member

should have said, north west area, wirral

3. 12benny

12benny New Member

Be brief and precise for interest and accurate replies.

4. ashymoko

ashymoko New Member

At a rough guess id say you need to allow about £3000,00.
    Ash.
    www.capable-construction.co.uk

5. imran_

imran_ New Member

I'll do it for £2996. Not supplying the tea though ;)