Price of Dulux Wathershield

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by screwfox, Apr 19, 2007.

1. screwfox

screwfox New Member

Can anyne tell me the usual cost of Dulux Trade Weathershield (gloss or undercoat).

On DDC direct its £27 plus vat for 2.5l
    At B&Q its £27 inc VAT (but the primer is dearer)

ta

2. T-C

T-C New Member

Hi all ddcs have a shelf price promise and they deliver free of charge anything, and u get nectar points, T-C

3. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

I just paid £33 for 2.5l of black silk weathershield. Seemed like a lot of money but went on lovely and now seems worth every penny.

Dulux decorator centre.

Don't think the stuff in B&Q is the same though judging by some of the posts on this site.

4. handyman.

handyman. New Member

dulux trade in bnq is dulux trade, the same as everywhere else.

Anyone who thinks differently must be stupid

5. Telmay

Telmay New Member

is that the same stupid as in defining the point at which wet becomes drying? ;)

6. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Hasn't the trade stuff been debated before on here ?

Still, I'd rather buy from a shop open early morning from staff who know what they're talking about. Even if it is the same.

Price was about the same too.

Do you Pro's buy trade stuff from B&Q then ?

7. handyman.

handyman. New Member

lol telmay :)

diy...........bnq has reduced there trade prices by about £5 a tub, so its closer to normal trade prices now. I always have to ask why, if you were a tradesman, you would need to buy stuff from poeple who know about the paint, as you should already know what want.

On the other hand, i only get paint from bnq if i cant get to my supplier for whatever reason, as there prices are way cheaper than than any trade desk

8. Guttercat

Guttercat New Member

And..Wednesday, if you're an old git, you get 10% off as well at B&Q, rather than the added vat at Dulux centres.

Or..take an old git with you.

9. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Like the tip about Wednesdays didn't know they were still doing that.

So you all reckon that the Trade stuff in b&Q is the same as in the trade centres ?

The temptation is always there to buy normal DIY stuff when it's stacked next to the trade though.