pricing

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Basir, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Basir

Basir New Member

hi every one,

A customer asked me to hang a front side door for him. I can't figure out the price for that.
    can anyone help?

thanks in advance

2. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

External wooden door £200.00

3. Basir

Basir New Member

thanks

4. xednim

xednim Active Member

can you pls advise about price for door fireproofing ?
    existing door to be: routed around + fire/smoke seals installed, hinges replaced with FR, door closer to be installed and eventually build up to the frame to resize a gap in-between (couple of mm) ? I supply hinges/door closer and seals

5. chippie244

The parts are £25 and max 4 hours, no idea what you mean about building up the frame.

6. xednim

xednim Active Member

parts in my situation: hinges £11, strips are rather cheap £3, door closer £20, parking charge £3/h, frame build up- will take me no more than an hour- just fire mastic+strip of timber

7. chippie244

My prices are off SF.

8. xednim

xednim Active Member

well, just asked ... some of my clients complains and wanted to compare

9. chippie244

I had a job on Monday where I was asked for a price to trim 11 doors in a guesthouse and I quoted £200.00, I normally charge £25.00 to trim a door but as there were 11 doors in one place I gave them a discount. They then asked for a price to fit door closers so I said £50.00.
    When I got on site only 4 doors needed trimming so I had the whole lot done in 4 hours.

Basir likes this.
  10. xednim

xednim Active Member

carpet installers where I work charge £15/door to trim, other builders that I have asked £25- so this is honest price but if you are doing more work on same site, with my mate I can fireproof up to 4 doors on same block of flat- this includes sealing the door with dust sheet and hoovering the hallway when the work is completed (with no extra work to the frame)- 190/door