Pro tiling advice

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Jedb, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Jedb

Jedb New Member

I'm hoping for some guidance on how to approach a discussion with the tiler who Ive had do my hallway, he prepared the surface witha self leveling compound before returning to tile a week later, during that week I noticed some raised unlevel sections of the floor, mainly because they were taking longer to dry and stood out, I messaged him with a couple of pictures showing the dips in the floor with a difference of 10mm! I just wanted to show him so he was aware it maybe needed some more SLC before tiling, he said he had just put it down to have a gd surface to lay on and because there was a section leading to another room that we had agreed he would run the tiles down to reduce the difference in height of the two rooms he couldn't make it level as this would creat a huge step into the other room. I didn't say anymore as I trusted he would correct of needed and didn't think much more about it, however now the jobs done and I'm thinking about it the dip is running down hill away from the doorway he was talking about... anyway he arrived with another tiler who works for a different company and left him to do the job. The end result is a floor with a huge dip in it, very few of the tiles are meeting flush the grout lines are not consistent and the grouting has a lot of holes in it, there also doesn't appear to be alot of adhesive underneath the tiles exposed on the entrance to the other room, I'll post some pictures. I'm wondering firstly if I'm being unreasonable about any of the issues and secondly how you would suggest I approached the conversation with him about the fact we aren't happy. The tiles are £60 m2 and I'm now concerned they cannot be lifted and reused if it were to be laid again? The quote we have from him is very basic describing that he will Latex and tile the floor. Then any further correspondence was by text. Any advice would be much Appreciated, thanks.
    I've attached images for reference.
    IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg IMG-20220424-WA0013.jpg IMG-20220424-WA0014.jpg IMG-20220424-WA0011.jpg IMG-20220424-WA0008.jpg IMG-20220424-WA0009.jpg

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I’d be more concerned about them being laid straight on top of the floor boards.

malkie129 likes this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb New Member

The floorboards are the next room, they were laid on a concrete floor which he put latex SLC over.

CGN likes this.