Problem with Ebay

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Oct 22, 2022.

1. I am not sure if anyone on here could help with this problem I just went into my Ebay account and found all my purchase history had gone in fact anything relating to my orders or searches have vanished I can still sign in but cannot check my previous orders and cannot see any way of contacting them.The only other option would be to create a new account with my other email address if I still want to use the site.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. chesterw

chesterw Well-Known Member

They quite often have these quirky things, a few weeks ago I couldn't leave feedback comments, but now I can, so I wouldn't do anything drastic, just wait a bit longer

3. Man With Goats

Man With Goats New Member

Best thing to do is not use ebay. Ebay are crooks that allow other crooks to sell on their site. Cutting the story short, after too many bad incidence including having my account hacked in the early hours of the morning through an exploit on their website that remained for an entire 5 months until it was fixed. Final straw was after many successful transactions they covered for a scammer that scammed me out of several thousands of £ despite me having endless proof. I had to take then to court to get my money back. Only when they realised I wasn't taking their bullsh1t they refunded me and I told them to stick their platform up their greedy fat *****. All a bunch of ******** the lot of them!

Johnik and chesterw like this.
  4. chesterw

Absolutely true, I've never been stiffed for that much, that's why I'm very wary of spending a lot of money.

They now have a new scam (at least new to me) when selling you have to link to a bank current account and agree to direct debits. I though there's no way I'm giving them access to my main bank account. So I opened a new bank account and paid in £100 cash via the post office, and if any money accumulates I will withdraw cash at an ATM, and the most they can get is the few quid balance that I maintain.

And remember demonetisation is just around the corner, so don't make it easy for them to freeze your accounts

5. Roys

Roys Screwfix Select

@chesterw what does demonetisation mean, not trying to be smart, just don’t understand where what and when that means in the context of eBay.

6. chesterw

Demonetisation has a few different flavours, but I was thinking of the personal meaning. You will have noticed that we are increasing controlled by groupthink ideology - XR,stop oil, the trans lobby, covid vaccine con, wokeness - and the groupthink rules are that we must accept their ideology without question, or we will be cancelled. An extension of this is demonetisation, to enforce their beliefs, your bank and credit accounts are frozen until you come into line. Recently used during the canadian truckers protest.
    In the context of ebay, they are a massive company with massive profits, so they become more powerful than governments. So they would be able to tell/convince governments to give them the power to freeze bank/credit accounts of anyone that criticises their operation.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  7. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

@chesterw.
    You did well to open a bank account for your online selling. I tried to a few years back,
    got shunted to three different branches and eventually asked when could I attend an
    interview as prelude to the above.

8. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

I still buy and sell the odd thing on eBay but they've become too greedy for sellers and tend to side on the (dishonest) buyer.

Once a buyer puts in a complaint, eBay will nearly always put a hold on funds and there's nothing you can do.

They even take fees from your postage costs.

I sold a collection only £10 item recently and ended up with £8.42.

9. chesterw

@chillimonster. It was lloyds, I'd already had a lloyds credit card for a few months, so I had some history. The bank account was all sorted in a few minutes online.

chillimonster likes this.
  10. chesterw

Yes, I already reckoned on losing about 15%, thats why I wouldn't bother selling below about £30

11. Not sure what the problem was but my son called around and as knows more than me which is not difficult he took a look at it and not sure what he did but it is fine now/

12. Apologies for coming back to this post but a item recently bought from does does not work and I want to return it but as there in no purchase history and I cannot find a way to contact them not sure what to do.Any help would be greatly apprciated.Thank's

13. dray

dray Screwfix Select

Follow the money trail, if you paid with PayPal or such like, then go there to see the order number and you should find the seller details.

14. Thank's dray did whet you suggested and have now had my refund

dray likes this.