Problem with Printer

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Asthe laptop does not have a CD drive I connected my external CD drive to the laptop and inserted the software but that happens is where the cursor is there is a small blue cicle which is constantly spinning around it has been doing that now for about ten minutes and going nowhere.

2. There is no keypad on the printer and no menu options

3. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Ok- first does the laptop show the attached external cd drive ? In folders it should appear as d drive or higher ?

4. I was just coming back about this when I plug my external drive into the HP laptop nothing happens it dot even show up when I go into this PC

5. There is a D drive described as follows D:\ but when I click on it nothing happens

6. I am now in device manager and it is not listed and have also been into disk management and not showing there either
    Nothing happens when I insert the Disc

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

You are on win10 right ? If so try this .

launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it. You can also use the option to Update Driver Software from within Device Manager.

8. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

If the external device is old, win10 sometimes fails to recognise it.