Problems moving photos

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

1. My wife has a lot of pictures on her laptop so I got her a Toshiba STOR.E ART 3 so she could store them on it to save the space on her laptop.The problem is the photos are all over the place some are in named folders and the rest are all individually listed on her picture folder It looks like also some are listed twice.Because there are so many it will take ages as apart from the ones listed individually there are a lot in the named folders and some of those may be amongst the individual one's as well Has anyone got a idea of a way to do this.Thanks f reading this much appreciatedor

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

My advise would be:
    - store them according to date in relevant folders e.g. in a folder called 2019-09 for photos with a date of this month. At least you get some kind of order/structure this way. You could have also have 12 monthly folders 2019-01,2019-02 etc under a higher "2019" folder.
    - there are apps available that will find duplicate identical files, use that to whittle them down

Depending on the meta data available, you may be able to sort based on date taken rather than date created or date modified.

3. Thanks for that dont have the time today now but we will do what you suggested tomorrow and let you know what happens.

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Well-Known Member

There used to be a freeware program that could look for duplicates. I’ll try to find it

5. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Well-Known Member