Proper justice would have the...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by devil's advocate, Sep 4, 2009.

1. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

pothead mum and drunk abusive father of these two brothers locked up for - ooh - life should do.

2. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Hung drawn and quartered would be better.

3. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

They all need a hug, that's all.

4. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

preferably by a boa constrictor...

5. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

pothead mum and drunk abusive father of these two brothers locked up for - ooh - life should do.

thats a bit lenient. they would be out in a few months :(

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Just leave them in a room with me for a little while!

7. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Parent's want sterilising with blunt instruments. The kid's will probably get life imprisonment and be out in 5-6 yrs with new identities, at our expense. Why don't the courts just find them guilty and release them to the baying crowd outside the courthouse ??? Good old fashioned public justice would sort these kids out for good.

8. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

9. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Ponty,,,, What a load of *. A BBC news feature with social services nutcases giving their views on this case. Blah , Blah Blah. Let's blame it on the parents . oh yeay. So taking this to it's logical conclusion,,,,,,,, If Ponty breaks the law, then it's not his fault, it's his parents. Kid's these days know the difference between right and wrong. All the time they push the boundaries because they know they can get away with it. Simply because , once social services get involved, they have a free meal ticket and carte blanche to do what they like. Just a bl00dy pity that the courts don't live in the same world the rest of us have to try and live in. I stand by my comment on what the court should do. How the hell in this day and age can anyone use the excuse. "Blame it on me Mam and Dad"

[Edited by: admin]

10. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Have you got kids JJ?.

11. ­

­ New Member

I'd make them eat peacock soup for a month.

12. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

"Have you got kids JJ?. "
    Yes I do have children, both adult now. I also have step children too. In fact one of my stepchildren has recently been released from prison after serving 6 yrs of a 10yr sentence for GBH.
    Did he get sympathy of me and his mother?? Simple answer is NO he did not. Does this make us bad parents? I don't think so. He did the crime, not us. At the time we were both very upset as you can imagine, but the reality of the situation was, he did what he did for stupid reasons beyond our comprehension. Could we have done anything differently to stop him? Probably not, he had left home 4 yrs before this happened.
    IMHO these days you can't tell your kids what to do, although you can try and advise them.

13. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Good parents can still have kids who turn out bad - I agree.

But what hope do kids have when their parents are smackhead drunkards and they are completely neglected? None.

14. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

the uninformed always immediately blame the parents.

15. devil's advocate

Jj, if we take this to its 'logical conclusion' - as you clearly love to do - then these boys' parents had nothing to do with it?

And they should clearly know "the difference between right and wrong"?

How, precisely? Were they born with this advanced degree in morals?

As for your foster-child wot did wrong, I can quite imagine he didn't get any 'sympathy' from you. Or any other attempt at understanding why he did what he did.

Jesus.

16. devil's advocate

"...the uninformed always immediately blame the parents..."

And the winner of the sweeping, knee-jerk, statement of the year goes to...

Some 'uninformed' make an attempt to become informed, and then blame the parents if there's compelling evidence that they were a cause.

17. devil's advocate

Personally, I blame the dad.

He clearly didn't beat them up enough while he was still at home.

18. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

I did notice (and everyone else seems to ignore) the fact that thes kids were in the care of social services at the time. Perhaps we should therefore blame social services? Sack the head of the department and a few underlings. That'll teach them.
    DA, at the time, both me and the wife thought the sentence on our stepson was a bit harsh.... Compared to the sentences, criminals receive today for far worse things, perhaps it was. I have seen criminals get less than 10yrs for killing someone.
    IMHO, society is going downhill fast. I blame it on the Human Rights act and all that it entails. Criminals now have more human rights than their victims, and that is very very wrong.

19. plastic bertrand

plastic bertrand Active Member

At the end of the day they are only kids, and should be treat as such.

20. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

In the good old days before the nanny state, these 2 would have grown up to be Ronnie and Reggie Kray and been some use to society.