Protruding hob fitting?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Frustrated female, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Frustrated female

Frustrated female New Member

I have had a new aeg gas hob fitted. I purchased an electric built under double oven, the first couple wouldn't fit but now I have one with a slant at the back to allow for the gas pipe on the back of wall. However, the oven will still not fit because of a pipe coming down from the hob itself. Really don't know what to do now or who to contact for help. Have been able to slide in but partner had to remove 2 brackets to do do and it is not flush to the unit. Any sensible suggestions please?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Get gas pipe on wall moved.:eek:

The gas connection comes out on one side at rear, & AEG include a 90 degree bend (similar to photo below) to be fitted by gas safe fitter.

[​IMG]

Got photo's.:)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Is it possible to fit the oven into a different position in your range of units.
    Turn the Hob unit into a normal unit.

I did that & found when using Hob, Wifee can use oven , which is in different location.
    A bit of juggling but worth it.

KIAB likes this.
  4. Frustrated female

5. Frustrated female

Thanks, it was only fitted last week. Will ask gas fitter if possible. I think what I can see in your pic is what is stopping cooker going in. Will pull out oven when other half gets home and have a look.

6. masterdiy

Simple, Electric Hob ???? LOL;)

Frustrated female likes this.
  7. Frustrated female

that would have been great however, I returned the electric hob that I purchased because I was told it would involve changing the fuse box as only 30 amp and needed 40. Also meant a lot more work and cost! I quite like gas hob now so much quicker!

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

As is a induction hob, very quick.

A lot of the larger induction 5 zones or more hobs need a 32A fuse.

9. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I think it's a fairly common issue with built under double ovens, they take us so much height compared to a single. However the depth is normally fairly standard around the 55cm mark.

Has your hob been positioned fairly close to the front edge of the worktop? You may need to consider running the pipe across into an adjacent cabinet then figure out how to protect it in there to get it clear from the rear of the oven.

10. Frustrated female

No it's not close to front it's central. The problem isn't the gas pipe coming out of the wall, it what is protruding connection from under the hob. Think I will need to ask plumber if he can help with the solution.
    I will get a photo

11. Frustrated female

12. Frustrated female

This is the valve in the way and this is the top

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Needs some thought as to where/how it can be moved or oven moved to another kitchen unit.
    And hob seem to be set well back in worktop which suprises me.

14. Frustrated female

IMG_2449.JPG Thanks We've solved it! A small black box on back of oven was pushing again unit support! Have now removed said piece of wood and it fits yay

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

16. Alan1300

Alan1300 New Member

I have exactly the same problem. The one that is fitted had a sloping back. Can you give me the model no. of the one you had with the slopping back

17. masterdiy

Alan, perhaps better to start your own thread/subject, & supply pictures of a much as you can.
    Cheers.