ProWarm LoFlo LITE Dual Purpose Panel

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Dylan Williams, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Dylan Williams

Dylan Williams New Member

So I've just ordered 55 square meters of this kit for tiling on. Not being a tiler etc I just took the companies word for it that you can tile straight onto the foil topped boards after using the multi purpose primer neat? Both tilers have expressed concerns about tiling onto the foil top.

Does anyone have any experience with tiling onto these boards?
    ProWarm LoFlo LITE Dual Purpose Panel 1200 x 600 x 20mm

If anyone does can you please advise me if it actually works?

2. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

The manufacturer says it's ok, so I'm sure as long as follow their guidelines there shouldn't be a problem. The correct primer and adhesive are obviously important.

"Prime the upper face of the boards with a neat coating of Ultra Prime-IT MSP bonding primer.
    This should be applied by brush or roller in a thin film. Allow to thoroughly dry to a clear green film, (approx 1-4 hours).

Fix the tiles using UltraTile ProFlex S2
    adhesive. Ensure that every pipe channel and
    void surrounding the pipe is fully encapsulated
    with tile adhesive."

3. Dylan Williams

Dylan Williams New Member

That's what I've seen, they were just very concerned about tiling on top. They gave assured me it works and designed the system with Ultra

4. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

I can see why tilers might be hesitant. They have probably spent decades using proven methods and know what works, so it can be difficult to accept an unfamiliar technique.
    I guess you'll have to trust that the manufacturer has confidence in their claims.