Public liability insurance

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by StuG, Jun 23, 2022.

1. StuG

StuG Member

Hi, had a public liability insurance for years, forgot I even had it, anyway, looking to renew, went on compare the market, asked all kinds of options, is there anything I should always include, I'm a sole trader, no subies etc,
    Cheers

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Sole trader doing what, carpet fitting, general building, painting & decorating, Gas, Electrical etc?

3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Public liability is only yearly, so how could you "forget i even had it" ? It's a very basic thing all of us have, much the same as car insurance or home insurance......................it's just not something you "forgot i even had"
    As @Astramax said, what you actually do has everything to do with what you are quoted.....................so, what do you do ?

Wayners, Jord86 and Astramax like this.
  4. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

What you do would be useful but regardless if that I’d think about what you REALLY do. There were lots of things in mine that were excluded as a landscaper and handyman. Do I ever work over 5 metres? Well yea occasionally. Do I ever do hot works. We’ll come to think of it yea I do. Worth checking the small print and making sure it actually meets your needs.

5. Hausfix

Hausfix Screwfix Select

I think the OP may have taken out liability insurance in the past and the policy has simply automatically renewed every year and ‘forgetting’ about it suggests that he is not on top of annual accounts.
    Insurance companies take advantage of customers like this by hiking the premiums annually and doing their best to avoid notifying in writing of the impending renewal and price increase.

StuG likes this.
  6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I'm with Church Hill and I have to phone them to renew.
    That's public liability.
    Under £100 for me

7. StuG

StuG Member

Hi lads, sorry for late reply, been on holiday, to answer how did I not know I had it, if I remember rightly I was given an option to choose automatic renewel, I've actually had the same option when looking to renew this time around, not all insurers offer it by the looks of it, as for what I do, kitchen fitting, that's why I'm in this section, thought I'd ask kitchen fitters.