Pump on 100mm soil pipe from loft toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by simon martin, May 10, 2018.

1. simon martin

simon martin New Member

im considering taking toilet waste from a loft toilet across the the front of the house (in storage void) where it can exit down to sewer. There will be a slight fall in the pipe inside but maybe not enough to stop toilet wast sitting in the pipe. Ive heard bad things about macerators being noisy etc but would a non macerating pump be an improvement seeing as i can use a 100mm pipe? Any advice will be much appreciated.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What the distance involved.

Your looking for a gradient of 1 in 40, but can go to 1 in 80, all depends on the run, if my memory is right.

3. simon martin

simon martin New Member

5m of soil pipe till it exits the building drops verically. 1 in 40 over 5m would require 13cm drop? That would be from the toilet exit to the far wall. I think there will be 13cm as the loft floor will be raised. Or does there need to be an initial drop also from toilet to soil pipe? Are you saying then that if there is a 1 in 40 gradient waste will move out and this wouldnt be a problem?

4. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Any non macerating pump capable of connecting to your 110mm pipe is going to make a hell of a racket, if there is such a pump of course. Correctly installed and used current macerators are not very noisy.