Push button toilet flusher ?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by drillerdiy, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Well done G Brown, youve convinced a DIYer to do a laod of work he might not need to do. You could have adviced him to clean the diaphragm in the inlet valve. But you didnt?

Can i ask, how much do you charge for 'repairing' a toilet?
    Captain, same question to you?

Ive been working in this industry since i left school, my job wouldnt excist if it wasnt for plumbers not dooing their job properly. Nearly every time i get called out on site its because overpriced plumbers have screwed up simple tasks.

When i used to do work for Thomas Dudley, they used to call it dumbing down the instructions because otherwise plumbers would get it wrong!

You fit simple easy to use valves because you dont know any better. God forbid you actually learning the industry you work in and actually help consumers out

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Gordy was very clear:

"Either the flush valve washer is letting by ( if so replace it)"

He also suggested the whole lot could be upgraded to a decent Fluidmaster and helpfully provided a link to the product sold by our host.

He did NOT try and promote his own rubbish like you do. He did NOT provide a link to his own website like you did.

What you did was unscrupulous and immoral.

No wonder Screwfix delete most of your posts.

Now you have taken to insulting your customers - plumbers.

Sorry Stu but you now have zero credibility.

3. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

"Either the flush valve washer is letting by ( if so replace it)"

Why? 99% replacing the diaphragm resolves this issue, so why replace the inlet valve??

He also suggested the whole lot could be upgraded to a decent Fluidmaster and helpfully provided a link to the product sold by our host.

Fluidmaster is decent in your opinion, however the customer may very well be down grading, again, why go through unnecessary costs?

He did NOT try and promote his own rubbish like you do. He did NOT provide a link to his own website like you did.

Neither did I. You do understand this point dont you?
    I pointed him into the direction of a website that sells cistern spares! They sell spares for Roca toilets, Thomas Dudley, Macdee, Fluidmaster etc etc. The site has nothing to do with me. It is a much better version to that of the Lunns site and considerably cheaper!

Screwfix dont sell spares for other manufacturers, they only sells Torbeck, Macdee and Fluidmaster cistern fittings!

I thought i was giving honest information!

Screwfix delete my posts because i navigate people away form their website and to comeptitors!

Your not my customers - Youve already said that - Besides, my valves would be to complicated for people like you - keep to installing flapper valves captain!

I have Zero credibility - Thats very funny from a guy who's posting on internet forums in the middle of the day and then over charging customers for work that doesn't need to be done!

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Keep digging! :^O

5. GKU

GKU New Member

"Besides, my valves would be to complicated for people like you"

:^O :^O Well thats not a good advert for your carp then is it Dudley ???
    Is any Plumber going to install a valve that is complicated to install ??? surely a Plumber would want one that is simple , quick and reliable to install , so going on your comments they're not going to use your stuff if they've got a choice are they ??? :^O :^O
    The guys on here are VERY experienced in detecting Spammers etc (there are so many it becomes obvious) - just to repeat what Gordy said ..... When you've dug yourself into a hole - stop digging !!!!!
    :^O :^O

6. GKU

GKU New Member

Sorry , he said - "keep digging"......:^O LOL

7. honestbob

honestbob Member

Anyone know the number one rule? KISS, keep it simple stupid. If you can fit something simple that does the job, and is easy to fix, or you can fit something over complicated that breaks easily, and looks a bit like an HR Giger painting, which one are you going to fit?

8. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Maybe some Plumbers should learn to repair toilets
    cost effectively opposed to over charging for
    unnecessary work! Eh Captain??

I must agree with this.

9. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

You fit simple easy to use valves because you dont
    know any better. God forbid you actually learning the
    industry you work in and actually help consumers out

I must agree with this.

10. imran_

imran_ New Member

Are you an expert on toilets now Walter?? I didn't think you knew snything about them, that this knowledge was just for bathroom changers...

Or maybe you are a secret bathroom changer!!

11. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Is Stuart the Walter off the bog business?

It's good to see some things have not changed since I have been away!

12. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

It's good to see some things have not changed since I
    have been away!

Please stay away.

- Walter, the man that matters.

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Walter & Stuart! What a prize pair eh?

14. imran_

imran_ New Member

I always thought they were schizophrenic! :)

15. GKU

GKU New Member

:^O :^O
    So did I ....No I did'nt ....Yes I did .....No I did'nt :)

16. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Captain Busy day again, eh? Posting on internet forums before most people are home, you must be booked up till 2012!!!!!!!!!!

17. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

I feel sorry for the oap op, he asks a simple question and gets three pages of squabbling! :^O

18. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

19. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

20. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Agreed! :^O