Push Close Draws

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Coops666, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Coops666

Coops666 Member

Just refitting one of the bathrooms, the better half wants one of these wall floating sink units with push soft close draws.

To have the one she wants though we need the draw to full open at 260mm, looking at it in the shop it opens to 280mm which will mean it will hit the shower screen.

My question is can you set these soft close draws to open fully to certain distances?

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

They're not adjustable to the best of my knowledge but you should be able to restrict it for that last 20mm by fitting a stop or block of some kind inside the drawer, unit or both - imagine something being in the back of the drawer stopping it from opening all the way.

I would be surprised if that would affect the soft/self close mechanism as that tends to operate on the later stages of the closing travel.

Coops666 likes this.
  3. just pumps

just pumps Well-Known Member

Guess you could use a length of chain at the back or measure carefully and screw a rubber door stop to the underneath of the work top

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

The chain is a good idea. On that basis I would suggest some strong cord fixed to the back of the unit and passed through a hole in the back of the drawer. You could then set a stop knot at exactly the point you wanted. Possibly quieter than a chain as well.