Push to wall toilet to soil stack

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Yorkshire ripple, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Yorkshire ripple

Yorkshire ripple New Member

Hi all
    Newbie so hope i've hope i've posted correctly..

I'm fitting a back to wall toilet, at the moment i've a hole in the wall where the soil pipe was that needs to be adjusted to suit the new toilet position.
    Would you connect the pan to the toilet i have a 20mm ofset and push to meet the elbow on the otherside or would you lay pipe and connect with a flexible pan connector ?
    The elbow needs to be partly inside the wall so that it meets the soil stack.
    Or is it easier to take out the bricks of the outside wall make the connections and cement back in the bricks ?

Thanks

Yorkshire ripple.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Brick up existing hole, then core drill new in correct position,& if possible avoid using flexible pan connector,horrible thing.

And use McAlpine pan connector, nothing better.:)

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  3. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Although I prefer not to use flexible pan connectors, I do for btw pans. Being able to fix to the spigot with a jubilee clip before pushing the pan back gives peace of mind that it’s on properly.

And I agree with Kiab: reposition the new soil connection through the wall making sure you will still have a suitable fall from this point to where it connects to the stack.

WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You have to make exceptions with btw pans,& flexible connector, the McAlpine (WC-F21R) connector is one of the better quailty ones available,especially the worm drive clip.

5. Yorkshire ripple

Yorkshire ripple New Member

Thanks everyone it was a busy wkend, i can't see the job being done without a flexible pan pipe. Getting the new pipe into the existing soil stack was a nightmare, ended up chamfering the edge and lubing her up lol.