pva, the new part p!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by panlid, Apr 23, 2005.

1. panlid

panlid New Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. Goddo

Goddo New Member

Hi SID

You may scoff but just imagine you're in the bath with a beautiful woman and 12"er falls in just because the government you may (but hopefully didn't) vote for hadn't warned of the dangers of PVA! I think anyone who, with dogged determination, warns the nation (especially individually because they cannot be bothered to do a search) deserve a medal or two! ;)

3. NOGGIN

NOGGIN New Member

Goddo,

Your post looked promising,with a beautiful in the bath and a 12 incher. I think it peaked to early!

I think PVA is wonderful I use it as a cheaper substitute for hair gel. It probably has other uses too.

PS if you paint the kids with a watered down solution will it stop them getting dirty? Hence saving even more money.

4. Goddo

Goddo New Member

Hi NOGGIN

Great minds think alike ay! I did try the kids thing before I read mudster's warning... I coated them in PVA and sent them off to school but the steam in the swimming baths re-activated the white stick stuff and I ended up with siamese twins for a week!

Personally I blame the BBC for telling us its okay to diy and Wickes for calling their products 'professional'. Thank goodness for peeps like ******* with their unique take on things make me feel almost worth my fees! Lol