PVC wall sheets total failure

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Stephen Auty, Aug 2, 2020.

1. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

There's nothing worse than doing a job twice, especially when you do your research and use a recommended method. A couple of years ago I stuck some PVC panels to plywood with Sticks like **** and they're still fine but as it's similar to the adhesive you used not necessarily a recommendation. I guess you were just unlucky your particular combination of materials weren't compatible.

2. Stephen Auty

Stephen Auty New Member

You see I thought Ply wood be too absorbent and opted for OSB because it has a varnish type coating which I thought would make a perfect surface for the adhesive.
    At least this thread might prevent someone else making the same mistake.

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Maybe you should read all the posts above including the ones you have chosen to ignore ... nothing wrong with OSB provided you use an appropriate adhesive, and it appear YOU did not.

4. Stephen Auty

Stephen Auty New Member

Well I did read all the posts, I can't reply to all of them
    Have you got the huff because I didn't reply to YOURS?
    I'm a fish farmer , not a builder, I was advised to use this adhesive on OSB by the supplier, just thought asking on here might shed some light on what went wrong.

5. FlyByNight

No, because you totally ignored the fact that OSB is a suitable material and say using it is a mistake.

6. Stephen Auty

Stephen Auty New Member

I have no idea what you mean and have even zero interest in trying to converse with you so please don't bother trying, your obviously wanting an argument...thank you to everyone else.

7. FlyByNight

Why bother asking for advice and ignoring it when given. I just pointed out that YOU ignored facts and suggested that OSB is/was a mistake which it is not.

You were pointed to an appropriate adhesive and YOU were still going to use something else.