pvc Windows - flag hinges

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pddy95, Aug 7, 2018.

1. pddy95

pddy95 New Member

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice really before I start tackling an issue related to obtaining a good air tight seal on 2 no existing adjoining patio doors. I've noticed that the flag hinges (pictured) appear to be on the wonk or possibly in need of replacement. Certainly all the hinges on the right door like they either neither adjustment or replacement. I'm assuming the load over time has caused this but I do not know.

My question is, can these existing hinges be modified/fixed or do I need to replace the hinges? If so, how difficult is replacing the hinges? I'm assuming I'd need to remove the door to replace all hinges.

IMG_1200.JPG IMG_1201.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1203.JPG

thanks in advance. P

2. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

Can you post a couple of pictures of the full doors together, and a full one of the sagging door?

3. pddy95

pddy95 New Member

Hi Jord86, of course. Thanks for the reply. Not sure I've been able to capture them very well so let me know if I need to take another one as the sun is on the other side of the house now.

I'm not entirely sure the door is sagging but the hinges definitely don't seem right. I can't adjust the hinges to get a good seal from the right door (the one with the wonky hinges) which is why I thought the hinges could be the problem.

Attached Files:

4. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Active Member

they look like hook on hinges so you need to lift door off . they are off set cam to close gap you need to knock it up to get out and turn it around to tighten door seal

Jord86 likes this.
  5. blarblarblarblar

blarblarblarblar Active Member

They are fairly simple to replace. You can buy replacements easy and the last lot I bought were £20 per pair, once fitted you can easily adjust the doors for a good fit.

AW

Beeero likes this.
  6. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Can't see any reason why you can't adjust them. Don't forget any adjustments at the lock side.

7. pddy95

pddy95 New Member

thanks guys. HardDeBloodyHar, are you suggesting I should be able to provide a good seal regardless of the issue with the hinges? From the other posts I understood this might be hinge related.
    Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I've not tackled this again since my previous post, as I've been fitting a seal to the kitchen door (for some reason it was never fitted by the previous installer!.