Quality bay-window seat

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by paulo333, Jan 19, 2010.

1. paulo333

paulo333 Member

Hi,

Client wants a large (2.6 metre) bay window seat - more like a plush sofa than a box with a cushion on top (i.e. no woodwork will be visible).

I've begun discussions with a good upholsterer and there's no problem, but I am wondering if anyone has done or seen photos of anything like this. Internet has endless window seats to view but all are basic box/cushion designs. It would help to give the client a more visual idea.

Any leads appreciated.

Paulo

2. dunc

dunc New Member

Hi paulo check out my site whytebuild.co.uk

I did this 6 months ago.

3. fitero

fitero New Member

Nice looking work,Dunc.

4. paulo333

paulo333 Member

Thanks Dunc, but I am specifically trying to find pictures of units completely covered in fabric.

5. dunc

dunc New Member

Sorry, I realised afterwards. Good luck.

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

can you not work something out by purchasing a number of suitably sized seat parts, or backrest parts, or upstand parts(or combination of all) and build something to suit using those parts to 'clad' it all ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If I've read your post correctly it's the aesthetic design of the piece that you're worried about.
    What I would do is ask the client to provide you with references from magazines or the internet of the style of upholstery, ie deep buttoning or regular, the type of fabric and the colour. The client doesn't have to find the exact piece but should say it looks a bit like that but in that colour and in that fabric.
    There is a lot of trust that goes on in creating something like this but it is up to the client to provide the references unless you're charging a fortune to act as the interior designer as well.