Quartz worktop - resin has come out

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by dazzz, May 21, 2018.

1. dazzz

dazzz New Member

Hi, I've got quartz worktops and the resin join in one area has come out (approx. 6 inches). I thought it would be easy to find a product to replace it myself - but struggling. The worktops are white with grey flecks, and the original resin the fitters used was white with a little grey mixed in to make it slightly off-white.

Any suggestions on what product(s) would be best to allow me to 're-grout' the join?

Thanks
    Daz

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Look at Colorfill worktop joint compound, on site below click on 'Search for Colorfill' bring up a colour pallete & worktop manufacturer & retailer, should be able to colour match exsisting sealant.

http://www.colorfill.co.uk/

dazzz likes this.
  3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

The "grout" that is in the joint is actually a 2 part resin. Colorfill KIAB will come out of the joint the first time the OP goes over it with a cloth to clean it.
    The fitters mixed there own colour because all tops vary a bit, mixing white and grey or blue and grey is normal. OP, you should go to a company that does solid surfacing in your area and ask them to do it. It won't cost much.............one of there fitters might even come round and do it for a half decent drink :D

dazzz likes this.