Question for MFI fitters

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by -chippy_john, Feb 10, 2007.

1. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

Just started to put my kitchen together, I need the fridge housing assembled and the fridge fitted to allow me to remove the old fridge and work my way around the kitchen.

The hinges on the cupboard don't seem to line up with the holes on the doors. Is this normal? I've put a fair few flatpacks together over the years and whilst some of them may have been a bit shabby at least any pre-drilled holes were in the right places.

It's not a big problem I can always drill them where I want them but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

They've sent me an extra appliance housing anyway, so I've got one to faff about with.

2. Check that you haven't got the unit upside down

3. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

Check that you haven't got the unit upside down

The holes are identically spaced measuring from either end, so upside down would also be downside up.:)

It's a 60/40 F/F housing if that helps.

4. cosworth

cosworth New Member

have you got the tallest door at the top???
    try this first.

if you have put the unit in upside down it should be easy to spot because the legs will be pointing at ceiling....:);)

5. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

have you got the tallest door at the top???

Yes. There's a 1220 door and a 716, they span the complete height of the cpbd, no infills, so no options of where to fit them, the holes just don't marry up.

It's got worse: the intermediate shelf which fits just above the fridge unit and provides a fixing for the top fascia of the fridge also covers the bottom one of the pre-drilled holes for the top hinge!, and again there's no option of where to fit the shelf, it's on cams and dowels in predrilled holes.

6. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

It's definitely a wrong'un.

I've got four tall appliance cupboards so I opened another one this morning with a different manufacture date on and everything fits fine.

7. gint

gint Member

mfi do different appliance towers you may have used the oven tower by mistake. they do appliance tower side pack a, b, & c you should check with the salesman/woman which pack was sold for 60/40 fridge freezer. also make sure door is right way up :)

8. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

mfi do different appliance towers you may have used
    the oven tower by mistake. they do appliance tower
    side pack a, b, & c you should check with the
    salesman/woman which pack was sold for 60/40 fridge
    freezer. also make sure door is right way up :)

I think you might be onto something there.

Although the four packs are all identically marked "600 Appliance tower cabinet end pack A/B", there is a code number which is different (by one number).

I'll have to go check the configuration of the doors for the oven housing, but I think that'll be it.

Cheers.

9. russ295

russ295 New Member

are you sure the door is the right way up, sometimes there is a small difference in the hinge hole positions on the door, usually about 10mm.

russ

10. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

are you sure the door is the right way up, sometimes
    there is a small difference in the hinge hole
    positions on the door, usually about 10mm.

russ

Door only has one set of holes, it can't go any other way.

I think gint has the answer, but haven't had time to check yet. (Also see my post of 2.11pm yesterday)

Not been sitting here all the time if that's what you're thinking re *time to check*, just cooked a quick dinner and now off to my Pottery class.

Sometimes I don't know how I find the time to go to work.:D

11. KITCHEN MAN

KITCHEN MAN New Member

somtimes with some fridge freezers you have to make platform yo lift fridge then the doors line up check

12. Almost certainly the wrong carcass have had this a few times with M.F.I. its quicker to drill new hinge positions than try to get mfi to sort it out.