Question for those north of the border please

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Nicholbe, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:32 PM.

1. Nicholbe

Nicholbe Member

Are there any simple rules for notifiable works in Scotland, along the lines of those applied in England e.g. _ new circuit, consumer unit works, work in bathrooms / outside etc . Many thanks

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

How can you say ''simple rules'' Nich? A rules a rule at the end of the day. Dunno if its the same as down south, but I would imagine all that stuff you have mentioned has to go through the Scottish BC or equivalent..so there electrical contractors will inspect first and second fix..if its all good you get the cert.

3. Nicholbe

Nicholbe Member

Thanks JP , perhaps I could have chosen better words, I meant whereas a extension to a circuit would not neccarily be , a new cct would, that type of guidance.

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Oh right see what you mean Nich. Difficult to quantify really and have never really thought about it tbqh. The sparks on the forum will be able to answer you question definitively m8.

5. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

6. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Member

Very different to England then.

7. Nicholbe

Nicholbe Member

Many thanks for the data, very helpful, even worth the extra comments provided by Bazza.

8. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Active Member

"Rules are for fools, and for the guidance of wise men". OK, I am now ready for a kicking!