Question regarding worktop joints....

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by pommychick, Aug 31, 2016.

  1. Phil the Paver

    Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

    Wait until he offers you either one of these as a repair option.


    Joe95, FatherStack, TheMorg and 2 others like this.
  2. Rulland

    Rulland Screwfix Select

    Repair?, that's how I normally joint them!:cool:
  3. chippie244

    chippie244 Super Member

    Council house joint :):)
    Joe95 and Doall like this.
  4. dwlondon

    dwlondon Active Member

  5. koolpc

    koolpc Screwfix Select

    Nothing wrong with a council house! Don't be a snob!
  6. Pommy, what's happening?

    And could you answer the Qs in post #40, please - what type of tops do you have?
  7. dwlondon

    dwlondon Active Member

  8. chippie244

    chippie244 Super Member

    I didn't say there was but you only tend to see them in council owned houses.
  9. Astramax

    Astramax Super Member

    What a load of Gollocks! see em everywhere.
  10. metrokitchens

    metrokitchens Screwfix Select

    look better than a blown chipped mitre :D
  11. metrokitchens

    metrokitchens Screwfix Select

    They are used in Buckingham Palace. ;)
  12. chippie244

    chippie244 Super Member

    I don't think I have ever seen one in a privately owned house, certainly not where they could afford to hire me.
    Isn't Buckingham Palace a large council house?
    metrokitchens likes this.
  13. Astramax

    Astramax Super Member

    Chips me ol darlin....get out more
  14. chippie244

    chippie244 Super Member

    To be honest the sort of people I do private work for wouldn't accept a worktop joiner.
  15. Astramax

    Astramax Super Member

    That must make you an accepted 'Worktop Joiner':p
  16. Coral Benham

    Coral Benham New Member

    It might not be the answer to your problem but we have found a repair trim for the Mason Mitre joint. We got water damage in ours and had been told that we would have to replace our whole work top, because of the sink and hob this meant replacing 3 work tops.

    Because we found this trim all we had to do was rub down the damaged area and run silicon down the joint and press the trim into place. It was so much simpler and cheaper than replacing all the work tops. I have only found one website that supplies this hope this helps other people with the same problem we had.
  17. chippie244

    chippie244 Super Member

    This stinks of Spam and you end up with a council house joint.
    Joe95 likes this.
  18. sospan

    sospan Screwfix Select

    And doesn't give much of an improvement from your £19,99 compared to the usual couple of £ :rolleyes:
  19. masterdiy

    masterdiy Screwfix Select

    Isn't it a bit odd, we haven't heard from pommychick since Sept 3rd.
    You would have thought we would have had a comment or two from them.
    After all they did ask for help from the experts.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice