Question regarding worktop joints....

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by pommychick, Aug 31, 2016.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Prob because they have a life and have got it sorted! :D

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Their post did look genuine - unlike todays from Coral

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

She was looking but no reply, ( last seen Sept 10th )

4. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

Call trading standards and see what they say. If it went to court it wouldn't stand due to poor workmanship and that's clearly visable. It may cost you but with the right legal advise it won't stand. If he won't co-operate cut all contact. Send a simple message telling him your appointed solicitors will be in contact shortly.

5. Wallace2017

Wallace2017 Member

This is unacceptable as the point of using a jig and router is to make precision joints and cuts should not be noticed if those cuts are professionally completed. I have fitted many kitchens and never found the laminate of the worktops to affect cuts.

6. Darren Wilson

Darren Wilson New Member

Looks like the fitters jig was either poor quality or it moved while he was routing the cuts out, personally i don't like doing a worktop replacement job because if the existing units are slightly out of of level it can create gaps at the top of the mitre which wont disappear no matter how much you tighten the bolts and forget trying to bridge gaps with colorfil it's a sealer not a filler. Also i have had problems in the past with low quality worktops that are grained especially the black type they tend to leave a visible line on the joints that cant be blended out but if you payed £1000 then the worktops should be high quality with a decent thickness of laminate that is superior to the cheaper worktops with a thin laminate that chips very easily . Most pro fitters will PVA the joins and use a bead of colorfil at the top of the joins just below the laminate so when its bolted together it will ooze out of the join and set and can be cleaned off but my point is if the joins are PVA gluesd like they should be there is no way of taking them apart after the glue has set without causing damage to the joins so it's new worktops i'm afraid

CGN likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

This was probably sorted out 2 years ago o_O

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The ‘Fitters Jig’. Good pub that :D

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The Jiggers Fit is more fun :D:D

CGN likes this.
  10. CGN