Radiator not heating up, just slightly warm on top.

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Dav1, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Dav1

Dav1 New Member

Hi can someone please help me, this was a issue last winter and British Gas didn’t fix it and the plumber who changed my radiator also couldn’t work out why a few weeks later the radiator was heating up. This radiator is the only one in the house connected direct to my boiler, wasn’t a issue for 10 years then suddenly became a problem. Was always the hottest radiator in the house. We brought a new one from screwfix and since fitted it hasn’t worked like it should.. it’s in a garage conversation and the builder connected it from boiler and pipes were run under cemented floor. Use to come on with the hot water too, No air in the radiator neither. Anyone suggest what we can do. I can send photo if required.thanks

2. koolpc

koolpc Screwfix Select

Strange issue.

You tried turning all rads off instead of that one? See what happens?

3. Dav1

Dav1 New Member

Thanks will try that tomorrow.

4. Keith Clothier

Keith Clothier New Member

Had a similar issue in my last house. Plumber suggested turning all the other rads down to reduce the flow and give the cold rad a leg up. It worked for me but not exactly an ideal solution.....