Raising prices next year? Callouts etc...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ThreadJacker, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Just wondered what everyones plans were regarding prices, new year and all that. I'm booked up until May/June with bathrooms which is now my bread & butter, I really struggle to get to callouts from regulars so to make it worthwhile I may have to charge a little extra but I don't want to charge loads over the standard.

Whats everyones current going rate for say a kitchen monoblock swap? Labour only, minimal traveling, easy to remove etc.

Are we still allowed to discuss prices? Some forums (UK Tilers) don't allow it under any circumstances.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

i charge £50 per hour for little jobs, i am not rigid on time, if i go over a few minutes, and if they are low income families or oaps, i'll charge £30 per hour,
    boiler and bathrooms i usually have to price for, labour for a boiler £550, bathrooms can vary as you know, so i base on £250 a day,, round my area there are loads of plumbers so things have to be priced right,
    i pefer working for working people, they allways pay and don't have any attitude, whereas, posh gits with mercs on the drive and children at private skool want to shaft you for every penny,

3. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Yeah, roughly same as me I've had loads of OAP/low income recently so I always drop te price a little, sometimes though it can come back to bite you if the tap or whatever develops a fault which is likely on their tap budget.

Swirl taps are the perfect example, I've had so many fall to bits and made me look an idiot for supplying them I've completly finished with them. Bristan everytime now from PTS.

4. graceland

graceland Active Member

£250 a day? Bit strong in th current climate isnt ti? Still, if you're booked then good luck!

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

if you're working for less graceland, you may as well fill shelves, bearing mind i don't work on tools everyday, there's days in office, days out pricing,chasing money,buying stuff, buttering up customers, then there's running cost etc etc  time off,  anythink less and its just not working

6. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Like finding time to go to the pub

7. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Them rates and it will be a private jet to canada

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

i wish i was a penny behind you tetleymon

9. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

T/P You would be in a sorry state,i have had to cut down to 6 pints a day instead of 8

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you should change your username to 'pilot light', because you never go out   there's only me and locket left now in the friday teatime gallon swill.