Range Cookers

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Shedmen, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

having seen some of the comments in a recent post on the pros & cons of having a free range cooker. I am interested in any views as to what people consider to be the best value for money / performance range cookers out there. i have a sinking feeling that she who must be obeyed is pysching herself up for redoing the kitchen big time.

Thanks

Shedmen

2. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

I have a mercury range in my kitchen. Its fantastic. Not cheap - but still good value.

I spent ages looking at the likes of Leisure and Rangemaster, Belling and so on. They don't seem to be very well made at all - they are also incredibly lightweight, there is nothing to them.

Brittania are a step up and much better quality.

Then in the premier league is Falcon, Lacanche and Mercury. I chose the mercury because it looked sharp and modern and it has some really well thought out features. The burners light automatically, the grill tray comes out on rollers etc. I think aga also does a conventional range too.

http://www.trade-appliances.co.uk/_6472_MercuryRC1090CH.html

Get saving your pennies!

3. loosenup

loosenup Member

recently fitted a Mercury range in a clients house 1100mm version .. close to £3000 Dual fuel .
    Took 4 of us to lift it into postion .. Corgi states that all free standing range and slot in cookers have to have a chain attached to the wall at the back to prevent the machine from toppling forward if all the doors are open . for the mercury to topple over .. you would need at least a turkey wieghing 18 stone on the door .. lol
    very well built machine .. and looked the Biz too.
    be careful when installing these machines .. sometimes they are classed as commercial and need a braided flexy hose .. your corgi guy should know what to do .
    Phill

4. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Wimp - my brother and i lifted mine!! Having said that - neither of us has ever been quite the same since :)

I think they weigh about 200kg

5. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

having seen some of the comments in a recent post on
    the pros & cons of having a free range cooker.

Did anyone mention that they do definitely taste much better.......................once you've actually caught one.:D

6. loosenup

loosenup Member

problem is .. they have four legs unlike the free range chickens

7. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

problem is .. they have four legs unlike the free
    range chickens

Free range sausages got no bloody legs at all but they're still a bugger to catch

8. loosenup

loosenup Member

never tried to catch one of those .. are they a new breed then ?
    maybe Irish recipe!!
    :)

9. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

Thanks for comments technmical and culinary

Shedmen