Rapesco/Tacwise 191EL Pro for sale but no staples; What's the point?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by APC, Feb 17, 2011.

1. APC

APC New Member

Ok, I have two gripes with the screwfix site...

• They sell the tool but not the supplies... very annoying. Whats the point in selling a tool that you cannot also buy the supplies?
    In my case its the Rapesco/Tacwise 191EL Pro Electric Nailer/Stapler. This model is still currently being sold but there are no staples being sold but the brads are. Unfortunately I don't need the brads.

• When you click on a product; and for consistencies sake we'll stick with the Rapesco/Tacwise 191EL Pro Electric Nailer/Stapler there should also be links to the additional products that particular tool uses and in this case it would be links to the brads and staples this tool uses. To me that's just commonsense and good sales opportunities; its also more efficient use of a website.
    So mods can you pass this info on to the webmasters please or give me a link I can send to them personally

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yes, I too have noticed things like this on SF for quite a long time. I bought an adjustable square the other year and it didn't come with pencils.:eek:. I bought a set of chisels that didn't come with a mallet or hammer either. What did SF expect me to hit them with?. I'm not one to readily complain, but SF really should supply the whole caboodle..
    It's not just SF either,,, I was in Asda the other week and they were selling loaves of bread,,,,, without butter and a lovely tuna filling. Some of their cook in sauces too,,,reading the instructions, I now find , you have to buy the meat seperately.:eek:

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

4. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

hey jj

the 191el does come with staples and brads ( when it * works).

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

6. Mikeinho

Mikeinho New Member

Here's a similar case you might laugh at...

I was helping my pal do a flit (house move) and had the vacuum cleaner out. It wasn't picking up much, so I tipped it over (upright vacuum) to check the beater bar. It wasn't spinning, so I undone a couple of screws and found that the rubber band had snapped, hence no drive on the beater bar. He bought it from Tesco, and it was a Tesco branded vacuum cleaner, so I thought I would pop to the local Tesco (one of the massive ones) and pick up a new rubber band.

When I got there I went straight to the customer service desk. The pretty young thing behind the desk informed me that not only did they NOT stock replacement bands for their vacuum cleaners, but they didn't stock ANY bands for any vacuum cleaners. WTF?

I tried my local Currys store, and by sheer luck they had the exact band in stock. I say it was luck, because they only stocked about 5 or 6 different bands in total.

In conclusion, beware buying store branded goods unless you know where to get 'serviceable' spare parts in advance.

7. Jaydee1

Jaydee1 New Member

there are staples for that model

8. Tembo11

Tembo11 Member

stocking spares is not profitable for any store you'll find whatever they are for

9. Tembo11

Tembo11 Member

you could also try "rapesco full range online" (with the quotes) in a search engine

10. bright spark

bright spark Guest

there are staples available.. i use the selection packs... try loking for this code
    order code 0204 .... or go onto www.tacwise.com   :)

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I bought a car a few months ago and have since discovered I now have to buy petrol. Hmmmph at around £6 a gallon, I've now bought more fuel than the car cost. It now appears, I have to buy insurance and something called road tax too. Grrr. Next some bright spark will tell me you need a licence just to drive the blooooody thing. ;)