Rate my plumbers work

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Movieman334, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

Hi

I had a new kitchen installed and I let the builder do the plumbing for the kitchen sink.

Note the new kitchen sink was deeper than the old one so we couldn't use the existing plumbing work.

Here are before and afters . Would be keen to hear anyone's thoughts on the plumbers work. Thanks

2. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

Here are before pictures

Attached Files:

3. Paulie1412

Paulie1412 Active Member

Ignoring the plumbing, did he use a shotgun on the back of the cabinet?
    It doesn’t look like he’s capped off the old waste outlet so you may have a problem with smell

4. The Teach

The Teach Active Member

Rate my plumbers work,sorry its not possible as its not work by a plumber.

Alan Henness likes this.
  5. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Just by the way he's hacked the back out of the cabinet speaks volumes....very rough and lazy.

I would never do that as I have my pipework planned and first fixed as I'm fitting the cabinet. Just holesaw where appropriate and the pipes come through the back neatly and once I've finished, even use plastic pipe collars around them. Finish by running a bead of silicon around the cabinet corners.

If there is plumbing that can't be moved, then I'll either take the back out of the cabinet or part of it and then try and create a false back/panel from inside.

6. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

These are the after pictures. Which I'm glad to say don't leak

Attached Files:

7. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

Just to clarify the before pictures are the plumbing work of the Builder and the after pictures of plumbing work by a plumber

8. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Doing away with all those nasty grey pipes and just leaving the nice orange bucket would be an improvement! :oops:

9. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

I agree the befire pictures do paint a horror story . You can imagine my face when I came home and saw the work . (Before )

Then I hired a plumber to rectify the job . What do you guys think of the plumbers work (2nd set of pictures)

10. The Teach

The Teach Active Member

New photos,the finished product.

Considering the location of the existing pipes and that unusual trap arrangement,its passable as long as there are no water leaks.

At the end of the day it could all be neater but you asked for a kitchen to be fitted You did not ask for all the plumbing to be moved and then the kitchen fitted.

As mentioned by CGN a screwed false panel (18mm white melamine board) could be fitted infront of the plumbing,so the majority of the plumbing is out of sight.

The outside work is quiet neat.

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Active Member

Why on the outlet waste didn't he just connect to the original boss, looks to have enough fall for the distance, would have been better than a grey boss on a black pipe. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Waste looks fine, condensate pipe connected. Bit of a mess where pipes go through brickwork...was that him?

Hot and cold, whilst not particularly pretty, look OK.

13. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

Thanks for all your thoughts, the back of the sink was worse than what it currently was. The plumber straightened it up the builder and literally cut some random shape.

14. Movieman334

Movieman334 New Member

Thanks for your reply may I ask what you mean by unusual. I'm totally new to plumbing so have no idea what is normal and not normal....

15. The Teach

The Teach Active Member

Unusual waste bowl trap connections,these are supplied with the sink as a kit and supplied world wide.

Personally i bin them and use a low profile waste arrangement (cost £9) But your installer has fitted it as good as possible.

Enjoy your new kitchen :)