Rate per mtr to remove floor RSJ - Central London

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by aks2021, Apr 11, 2021.

1. aks2021

aks2021 New Member

Greetings all,

Could someone please tell me what a builder would charge to remove RSJ beams within a floor structure.

Just the beams and not any timber. The floor to ceiling height is around 5 mtrs.

What would be the rate for removal per mtr (Including all plant and labour)? Many thanks.

Regards

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It's an impossible question, no one would charge by the metre as it's irrelevant, the price is the average of several quotes bearing in mind required scaffold, manpower, support works, disposal etc.

CGN, aks2021 and kitfit1 like this.
  3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I'm a bit confused here, are you going to have all the joists supported by another contractor ? If not, are you expecting the RSJ removal to include supporting the joists ?
    As @Jord86 has said, it's an impossible question, with no answer unless on site to quote.

aks2021 likes this.
  4. aks2021

aks2021 New Member

Many Thanks Jord86.

Agreed. The area of the room is around 100 m2.

Beams are of 7.5 mtr span - 5 nos.
    3 mtr span - 4 nos.

Hope this helps. I can organise a tower for them. What would be the amount overall price they would charge for men and steel removal plant only(Not the tower/scaffold)? Many thanks.

5. aks2021

aks2021 New Member

Hi Kitfit. Thank you for responding. I will ultimately get few contractors to visit the place (As some of them said they can quote if i send them pictures, but said the supporting the existing floor structure can only be priced after a site visit).

Wanted to have a price (without the supporting the floor structure) ready for quick reference when they come back to me.

Regards

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Shurely your structural engineer would have given you a ball park figure when doing the calcs ? Why are the beams being removed in the first place ? They are there for a reason lol.

7. aks2021

aks2021 New Member

Thanks. Obviously i know they are there for a reason. The steel is in bad shape, which is why they are being replaced.

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Again, it's impossible to judge at the end of a keyboard but you are talking thousands and thousands, especially in central London, no one on here can give you any figure that means anything as five contractors could quote something totally different when they turn up. If access is a nightmare they may have to cut the RSJ's down to manageable sizes, being as each long one is probably three quarters of a tonne in weight. Get some quotes.

aks2021 likes this.
  9. aks2021

aks2021 New Member

Cheers! Will do.