Rated people

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Andy2019, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Andy2019

Andy2019 New Member

Anyone else got the horrid membership first of all been with them for couple of years but no more once this contract is up first of all jobs leads far to expensive to many false leads limited job refunds very little detail given of client p.s we paid you enough money for contact details and now with silly update we can no longer see how many times job was sold so does now go to show you sell them more than 3 times and we have no way of proving now. discussion of unhappy tradesmen because as soon as westart moaning at rated people we all get deleted and blocked from doing so.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Never been interested in working for unreccomended customers

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

As a "customer", I would never use these sites as I have no control over who might approach me. Have used check-a-trade in the past, can read reviews and make a judgement as to whether I approach the trade.

Andy2019 likes this.
  4. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Never used as I would expect to be prices comparable to cold call double glazing

KIAB likes this.
  5. HappyHacker

HappyHacker Active Member

Never used any of them. It becomes a race to the bottom in terms of pricing and quality. I don't think I ever got a contact from being on the Part Pee register of "competent" electricians either.

6. matthew robinson

matthew robinson New Member

We joined Rated People we pay about £35 a month and have so far made 10X from job leads i think it depends on what job you carry out as we are glaziers there are less competition on job leads compared to say plasterers

www.robinsonandfosterglass.co.uk

7. Do you bed the glass in with SPAM.

DIY womble likes this.
  8. matthew robinson

matthew robinson New Member

Spam? rather have that on sandwich and stick to Silicone :)

9. Cecilb70

Cecilb70 Active Member

Awful company even before the changes mentioned. Bordering on dishonest. Spend money on a lead can't make contact.....tough. try and cancel... nightmare

10. Akashic01

Akashic01 New Member

Warning all tradesman!!
    Great site for customers and the people who run rated people.
    I was lucky in that I left the site in my cooling off period so didn't get trapped into a 12 month contract and because rated people would not refund the first months subscription or the money I spent on leads I was only out of pocket £67.37.
    1. £42.00 subscription
    2. £25.37 lead payment
    Not bad for 5 days of nothing.
    Please tradespeople read the policy.
    1. if you do not cancel within 14 days they will lock you into a 12 month contract.
    2. If in that 14 day period, you use any of the lead credit you will not get a refund on the first months subscription.
    3. if you pay out more than your lead credit and the lead is unsuccessful, any claim for a refund will be declined and you will lose the extra money you have invested.
    Part of email from rated people reads (We limit the amount of credit that we give back, to make sure the system isn’t abused. You can’t claim more than 20% of the total leads you’ve bought within the last 90 days - and unfortunately you’re above that at the moment, so we can’t give the credit back this time.)
    4. the leads are expensive, unfortunately you will not see how much the leads are until you sign up. The price range I received in leads went from £15 to £75 . As you can see this would use up credit very fast and as they restrict refunds you stand to lose a lot of money.

stevie22 and DIY womble like this.