RCD spur.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seneca, Feb 17, 2021.

1. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Hi All,
    Back to the bathroom heater I was talking about a couple of weeks ago! I've now got a replacement heater as elements are not available for the old one so as i'm replacing it I will fit an rcd spur. I was going to fit it in the loft but I think rcd spur's are not of the 'latching type' so i'm thinking of putting it in the bathroom above the heater and just below the ceiling, anyone see anything wrong with that? (well outside the zones)
    This came to mind yesterday when I got called to someone because the under floor heating in her bathroom had stopped working after a recent power cut. There was an rcd spur there which had tripped so it made me have second thoughts about putting the other one in the loft!
    regards and hope you're all well.

2. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

There’s latching and non-latching, but either way they are better out of the loft.

seneca likes this.
  3. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Neither RCD sockets or FCUs are acceptable for providing additional protection.
    You already know this.

4. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Yes that's true Spin but the way I see it is that it's much better than nothing.

Comlec likes this.