Re doing bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gary Holt, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Gary Holt

Gary Holt New Member

Can anyone advise if I can use the existing 10mm pipework feeding the radiator and basin and extend it to feeding the combi fed shower? In total I will be fitting a shower, toilet and a hand basin. My main concern is if 10mm pipe can provide an effective flow for the shower?

Thanks Gary

2. Hi Gary.

Something amiss here...

10mm 'microbore' pipe is usually used just for rads, rarely - if ever - used to supply taps and showers.

And certainly never both...!

So, you need to clarify chust what pipes you have going to your bathroom, and to what item.

In essence, tho', 15mm pipe is ideal to supply taps and showers from a combi boiler.

Bear in mind a combi - unless it's a a big mutha' - won't feed two taps/showers at the same time.

3. Gary Holt

Gary Holt New Member

Thanks for this. I only have the guys word for it that the basin and current bath are 10mm. Im going to see it next week (relative) Either way you have given me something to check out.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Whatever size pipe you have for your rads is totally irrelevant here as it won't be feeding your shower, basin or toilet

The heating system water is seperate from the domestic water so won't influence any decisions on the above

5. Gary Holt

Gary Holt New Member

Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to advise