Re-roofing a shed

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mollymare, Nov 10, 2018 at 6:05 PM.

1. Mollymare

Mollymare New Member

8C025C3B-4CC3-4D42-89BA-3ACB1E512D6E.jpeg Hello

Wondered if someone can help me I have a shed that needs a new roof as the felt started leaking and was going to use galvanised sheets.

The run of the roof the direction the sheets will lay is 8’ and it’s a pent roof.

I gather the guttering needs 70mm overhang but does the higher side need an overhang also?

The sheets need to be cut to size and they are expensive so don’t want to find they are the wrong size ‍♀️

I’m not going to be installing it myself but do need to get all the materials for the job.

Pic of shed for reference

Thank you!

2. Allsorts

Allsorts Well-Known Member

To my understanding, no.

But worth adding an 'L'-shaped flashing trim to go over that higher point to cap it orf and protect the ends of the joists.

Something like: https://www.cladco.co.uk/products/barge-boards-corner-trims-3m-length

Guttering only required at the low point. The sides and top would thank you for this L trim - and even the gutter end (but that would need positioning first, underneath the roofing sheets) would be happier for it.

3. Mollymare

Mollymare New Member

Thank you for that not seen this before. Is there any way around not having the 70mm over hang on the guttering as it means buying a 10’ sheet and cutting it to 8’2.5” which is a pain.