reciepts

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by whacky, Jan 30, 2005.

1. whacky

whacky New Member

i am in the planning stages of starting my own business and was wondering how most people deal with reciepts/invoices. Can i get a job lot in a pad from somewhere or should i be looking at designing my own. if i design my own what are the important things to ensure that i include

thanks for any help

2. britishblue

britishblue New Member

It looks a lot more professional if you have your own printed invoices, and people often hang on to them to keep a note of your address and phone number, so it's also a way of advertising. Some people will also list all the services they can offer on the invoice.

Obviously important to have your own name or your business name, address, phone number, mobile number, a sequential invoice number, a place for the date, a place for the customer's name and address.

If you are registered for VAT they must show your registration number and you should calculate and show the VAT as separate item.

Remember to do a copy for yourself so that you have a record for your accountant.

If you don't want to spend much money, you can start with a pre-printed duplicate invoice pad, and a rubber stamp with your details on it (get the self-inking type). See this link http://www.euroffice.co.uk/itmshow.asp?G11899=216x130mm-Invoice-Triplicate&HI=B86038.

BB

3. bearhands

bearhands New Member

There's a very reliable company called NEBS who do pre-printed stationery, receipts job forms etc., not sure of www address. Also Vistaprint for business cards - from free (yes, really) to custom - quick and good value.

4. MJH

MJH Member

Speak to your local printers and ask for a quote for A4, 3 sheet NCR invoices. (NCR stands for no carbon required) The 3 sheets were coloured white, yellow and blue of which the client keeps the top copy, you keep one and give the other to your accountant. The printers should be able to design your invoice for you but will cost extra. Also if you get them un-numbered it will be cheaper. I got 150 printed for roughly £45 because I designed my own invoice and sent it to them as a pdf file but do call several as the price does vary quite a bit.
    Regarding vistaprint, their free cards are ok but it's worth keeping an eye on their website for offers on their custom business cards.
    I bought 1000 business cards for £27 inc taxes +post, they were glossed and double sided. (Look good)

5. saint dave

saint dave New Member

Agree with all of the above, go and talk to some local printers, For cards and letterheads, mine put it on a disk so i can run of as many as I like when I like all for £35.00. He also did the sign writing for my van, so my advice is shop around.