recip saw blades

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by wild man, Apr 27, 2005.

1. wild man

wild man New Member

l am a window fitter and as u can imagine l get through the recip saw blades very fast where is the cheapest place to buy bosch blades

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Use a handsaw. Cheap handsaw, do it just as quick when sharp. Throw it away when knackered.

Handyandy - really

3. PowerTool

PowerTool New Member

Bought some bosch blades on e-bay for mine - very cheap,and very good

4. panlid

panlid New Member

Use a handsaw. Cheap handsaw, do it just as quick when sharp. Throw it away when knackered
    andy are we talking about the blades or your arm. as a window fitter he will be cutting alot of frames a day, and if you are cutting heads out and the like your arm soon tires out. or are you like arnie?;)

5. Jason123

Jason123 New Member

6. Mr. Handyandy

Use a handsaw. Cheap handsaw, do it just as quick
    when sharp. Throw it away when knackered

andy are we talking about the blades or your arm. as
    a window fitter he will be cutting alot of frames a
    day, and if you are cutting heads out and the like
    your arm soon tires out. or are you like arnie?;)

How many times do you have to cut the head. Use of saw=2 cuts, the rest don't get cut. There are exceptions, but normally 2 cuts, one each side and prise the rest out.
    And no, I'm not built like arnie, I just use my head more than my arms :) (and I don't mean that I bash them out with my noggin)

Handyandy - really

7. panlid

panlid New Member

sorry andy i didnt realise how to take a window frame out. next time i'll try and use my head!

so all over britain window fitters are taking out frame after frame, day after day, and most of them are using recip. saws.
    but according to you they are all dumbf**ks!

you obviously do about 1 window a month!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm?

so i cut where first?

really......

8. Mr. Handyandy

Sid, are you a window-fitter ?

How many window fitters do you know (personally) that use reciprocating saws ?(because you said 'all over britain)

Handyandy - really

9. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

HA always comes up with great hints and tips for all the trades

10. panlid

panlid New Member

andy i worked for a window company for 3 years and i also do alot in my business now. in my dealings i come into contact with alot of fitters and also use some as subbies when i am too busy.
    now ...... obviously i generalise and yes this comment was an enticement for you as i know you like to use them for your own arguments sake, but if i know say, 25 fitters now and probably 150 over last ten years i can say maybe 150 out of 175 used recip saws.
    now.......... if we take that over the entire population of fitters/carpenters then blah blah blah.....
    ooorrrrrrrrrrr...... maybe its only in the n/w and no one else has ever heard of them as these cheap saws are obviously for the cleverer chippies and not us northeners who lets face it, are really enjoying our new found toy.... electricity!!!
    its woken us all up and switched all the light bulbs on in our heads. so maybe soon wherever you live there will soon be a shortage of cheap handsaws as we'll all be importing them up north!!!
    oooorrrrrrr maybe the rest of the nation will catch up with you and realise what a billy buls***r you really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sid....really

how many cuts?????

11. Mr. Handyandy

How many cuts ? TWO.
    Are you FENSA registered ?

I will explain to you how to take out a window(normal, run-of-the-mill window) if you think it will further your knowledge.

Btw, I am not fitting windows at the moment(when I did, I worked for a firm, so did not have time to *****-foot around)hence 2 cuts and rip out.

Do I need to explain for the hard-of-understanding ?

Handyandy - really

12. Mr. Handyandy

I can't say pu ssy ? As in pu ssy-foot ?

Handyandy - really

13. panlid

panlid New Member

yes tell me how to take out a frame using two cuts.

14. panlid

panlid New Member

btw i normally use bc on new build and seperate inspection on refits.
    customer pays.

15. Mr. Handyandy

yes tell me how to take out a frame using two cuts.<

It is getting quite boring, having to explain everything to you. I thought you were experienced ?

You won't hear much new here, because it's basic. As in 'any silly fool should know'

Firstly remove any openings (Crow bar off at the hinges)
    Any fixed panes(various types, various ways of removing)
    May need one cut through mullion, pull away from glass, break off, then transom and remove glass.(extra bit, that).

You will be left with four sides. Just lower than half way down(pick a side) cut through with handsaw(slightly angled down to wall), finish with tip of saw near plaster(may need to gently lever frame to get last bit.
    Using your crowbar/prybar old chisel/hammer, pry bottom section down/out and break off at bottom.
    Cut the other side and do the same.
    Pry and pull away top part(the one you are left with after remove the bottom part)As you are prying check the head(it is coming down at the same time)May have to pry other side to help it all come down in one piece(head and top of both sides). Sill get a wiggle and a pry if necessary, and out it comes.

OK 3 cuts.

Bash ties close to wall with bolster, the use claw of hammer(hope you are using an Estwing) to twist off and tap in, clean up excess mortar and you're ready.

If I've missed anything, I do have other things to do you know.

Handyandy - really

16. panlid

panlid New Member

OK 3 cuts.

mmmmmm?

so is everyone reading this?

first you state 2 cuts.
    then you proceed to tell me how boring it is telling me this info.
    THEN you tell me you have to do 3!!!!!!!!!!!

so which silly fool are we talking about?

17. panlid

panlid New Member

wont be a minute andy, im just posting this thread on tt.
    we all new you werte full of sh* but it just seems to be getting worse!!

hold on i'll wont be long!!!

18. Mr. Handyandy

Right f**r.

Beep Beep (just for you)

DON'T CUT the dividing mullion. Bash it out with the hammer.

TWO CUTS. NOW **** OFF !(and don't forget to post this one too).

HA
    Handyandy - really

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]

19. dj.

dj. New Member

so it starts off two then three now two again, i'm confused. can you not just get your spade behind it??

really

20. Mr. Handyandy

Don't you start djdot. Why is it that people nowadays insist on using the latest gadgets to do what you can easily do by hand. Instead of p***g around with ya reciprocating vibbbrator pick up a saw and it's done.

Handyandy - really

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]