recip saw blades

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by wild man, Apr 27, 2005.

1. panlid

panlid New Member

dj ive actually used a spade to do this!;)

i first used my grinder and cut teeth into the spade and then i used fairy liquid to clean mortar of brickwork;)

andy....LMFAO:D very funny!!!

really.....

2. dj.

dj. New Member

i have been asked to post this by someone else...

Tell him to soak it in vinegar and it will fall out

3. panlid

panlid New Member

RACE!!!!!!
    i bet if me and andy had ten frames to take out and i used a recip. while andy used a saw, i would beat him easily!!!!

whats the odds?

im assuming by the way that most frames of a replacement age have horns on the head and cill and require cutting.(just a bit of knowledge from EXPIERENCE)

also you say when you work for a firm you had no time to puss y foot around so it was 2 cuts and then out!

well from EXPIERIENCE you cannot rush taking frames out. i teach my apprentice that when ripping out careful careful is the mantra. you could....

loosen bricks above
    loosen bricks on side
    loosen window board(when skew nailed into cill)
    mark windowboard
    loosen plaster internally
    chip brick faces with crow bar
    chip brick faces when knocking of sealent
    pull up any tiling internally
    drop things down below
    gash hands on un knocked out glass
    fill room with **** from on top of heads on upstairs windows
    fill room with glass splinters if knocking out glass to roughly.

just some of the reasons to puss y foot around!

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Will someone tell me who is the cleverest ?

And by the way sid where have you posted it on TT. In the pub I suppose, where only the select few can see you making a mockery of yourself. Not the whole general public, as I can see.

Handyandy - really

5. panlid

panlid New Member

Tell him to soak it in vinegar and it will fall out

have to admit that was one of his classics:D

6. Mr. Handyandy

Sid, it is from experience that you come to rwealise that these 'horns' you talk about don't need cutting. They will break. If you cut every on of those I'd beat you easily at speed. They will break.
    And it also comes with experience to know how far, how hard and what direction to pull and force.
    Experience sid.

You really are that naive aren't you. I didn't believe it at first, but you are really green.

You need more practise.

Learn here.

Handyandy - really

7. panlid

panlid New Member

sorry andy but please define what a horn is.
    just for clarity, dont go into all that jibberish about any fool blah blah blah.

8. panlid

panlid New Member

what are you doing??????copying it out of your book!

9. panlid

panlid New Member

im assuming by the way that most frames of a replacement age have horns on the head and cill and require cutting.(just a bit of knowledge from EXPIERENCE)

is what i wrote...

firstly you have interpreted this to mean cutting the horns. a horn being the extended part of the cill/head that goes into brickwork at each end.
    why the **** would i cut them?
    my point was (and it isnt hard to grasp) that you make one cut in the middle and prise head/cill up/down and towards the middle and slightly out.this enables you to slide other half out.

now these horns being the size of the section used where in fact would you propose snapping them?

10. panlid

panlid New Member

usual reply to try and win an argument then andy.
    i'll post it on tt open forum then andy just so we can all have a laugh then!!

11. Mr. Handyandy

I've been off doing something else if you don't mind.

If the window is the original window as fitted when built, sid, you will find that the sill does not extend into the brickwork numbnut.

The part of the head that may extend into the cavity can be pulled down by the fact that there is a cavity, numbnuts.

Do builders purposely leave part of a brick out for a sill to go into ? No

Next please. This one will beat you again sid.
    Experience, Sid.

Are you still taking this all in, and learning ?

Handyandy - really

12. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I reckon if you get a big magnet against the window it might just pull it out!

Eh HA ? ;)

13. dj.

dj. New Member

could you not pull it out with a hoover??

14. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Lol dj, you remember too!

15. panlid

panlid New Member

If the window is the original window as fitted when built, sid, you will find that the sill does not extend into the brickwork numbnut.

errrrrrrrr so when you see the cill go past the end of the window, original widows were cut round brick?

The part of the head that may extend into the cavity can be pulled down by the fact that there is a cavity, numbnuts.

who mention cavity? im talking about horns(snappable he he) extending into brickwork at ends!

Do builders purposely leave part of a brick out for a sill to go into ? No

originally windows were put in place and built round enabling horns to be locked behind bricks cut down in depth.

what planet are you from?

you didnt explain what a snappable horn was!
    by the sound of it you are talking about modern building practices where they might finish cill flush with edge of frame or cut round brickwork. but if you are expierienced as you say you are you will know all about horns anyway!

just answer this question and i will forgive your ignorance!

have you ever taken a window with horns out???

simple question, yes or no???

16. Mr. Handyandy

Yeah. Keep 'em comin' . I'll just sit here all smug, like.
    :) :^O

Handyandy - really

17. panlid

panlid New Member

lol dj.. you have a good memory:D

18. Mr. Handyandy

Yes I have taken them out with 'horns' though I've never heard them called horns. To me they are simply part of the sill and I would call the 'recessed'.

When you first said horns, I envisaged the part of the upright going into the sill. These that can be broken.
    I guess that's a tenon.

And yes again, I am talking about where a square hole was built, and a window put in it. No horns.

Next you'll be telling me that my handsaw will be blunted in 2 seconds because it was a crittall window.

Go back beep beep beep to my original post where I said
    " a normal run-of-the-mill window."

And stop adding extra scenarios because you have lost AGAIN.

Handyandy - really

19. dj.

dj. New Member

spray all around it with wd40 then just thump it. ;)

20. panlid

panlid New Member

Sid, it is from experience that you come to rwealise that these 'horns' you talk about don't need cutting. They will break. If you cut every on of those I'd beat you easily at speed. They will break.
    And it also comes with experience to know how far, how hard and what direction to pull and force.
    Experience sid.

You really are that naive aren't you. I didn't believe it at first, but you are really green.

You need more practise.

Learn here.

so you would say "be careful with that head it has recessed on it" lolol

there you go andy youve just learnt the real term.

anything else???

naive? green?

DOH!!!!

your done!!!

andy just a quick note, maybe if you understood what a true horn was your missus wouldnt be a miserable sour faced cow with vinegar t*ts