Recommend me a throne :)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by garmcqui, Jan 9, 2019.

1. garmcqui

garmcqui Member

In the final stages of remodelling the bathroom, and I’m just wondering what you pro’s recommend as a decent close-coupled loo? Had square one (Rak 600?) before, and it was so uncomfortable, so what a classic shape seat.

Needs to have a decent flush, sick of having to flush twice.

Any advice?

Cheers

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with the budget one offered by our hosts (or any of their competitors) https://www.screwfix.com/p/toilet-to-go-close-coupled-toilet-dual-flush-6ltr/78711
    I've now installed at least 6 of them, and they all work a treat. In fact they all flush perfectly well with first flush even though most of them are now set to 2 and 4 litre flushes (as opposed to the factory default settings of 3 and 6 litres). The only ones I didn't adjust downwards were for a soil system that needed more water to get the stuff all the way to the septic tank or sewer because the slope of the pipe was not steep enough (about 1%).
    Why pay a fortune when you don't have to?

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Can't fault them for the price, used a few of them.

4. garmcqui

garmcqui Member

Thanks, they do look ok , the seats seem to be the main point of complaint. Do Screwfix sell a compatible soft close seat?

5. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Fitted a few of these in loo of seats around £30, Celmac Wirquin Woody Toilet Seat with soft close hinges.

Decent solid seats just check the dimensions before purchase :)

6. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Well-Known Member

I fitted one of these https://www.bathstore.com/products/pure-back-to-wall-pan-exc-seat-2069.html in my current bathroom coupled with a geberit Kappa cistern. Not the cheapest combination, but works really well - excellent flush and the geberit cistern allows an immediate partial re-flush if you just want to put a bit more water down - no need to wait until it's full. It works so well I have gone exactly the same route in my house project except this time with a geberit Omega cistern because the kappa top plate version is discontinued. Seems identical.

I really like geberit cisterns - they seem well engineered, and I understand that spares are always available if needed. Not cheap though and the flush plates are a bit of a rip off, but look great

OK not close coupled - but maybe helpful info......

Attached Files:

The Teach likes this.
  7. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Ideal standard do good quality toilets, back to the wall toilets have the advantage that the soil pipe connector is hidden giving a flush neat look :D

Their imagine aquablade (rimless) is an excellent product and comes with a seat :)

8. Back to wall would’ve been nice, but the soil pipe work is in front of the wall, so will need a 90 degree flexible pipe, and will need to box it in (see my other thread).

Cheers

Ps: Rusty - looks ace