Red coloured filler for plastic air brick?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by MiniMum, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MiniMum

MiniMum New Member

We have two air bricks that have been fitted above floor level next to a solid floor. We have had it confirmed (by various tradesmen who have come to quote on other things!) these are definitely surplus to requirements and all they do is allow draughty air to blow into the room. They are sited directly under some patio doors which we are likely to replace at some point and when we do so we will get the air bricks replaced with normal bricks.

In the meantime I would like to block them up. They are red but plastic and next to other red bricks.

I am assuming I can’t use red masonary brick filler but can’t find red filler suitable for plastic. Does anyone know where this can be found or what else we can do to block them for now? I’ve stuffed paper under the step below the patio inside which helps but I think filling them will be a better solution to stop the draught.

Many thanks!

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Do you have a gas fire or open fire in the same room?

WillyEckerslike and Isitreally like this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Fill with wood filler (2 pack ) it's the same as car filler so either then get red emulsion paint in tester. Will look OK until you replace.... Or fill. Drill spare brick to get the red dust. Paint waterproof Pva on filler. Blow dust on the sticky Pva

4. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Answer Astra's question first, before any of us can possibly advise further.

Astramax and WillyEckerslike like this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Essential and valid advice JJ.;)

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Thinking the answer is 'Yes'!

goldenboy likes this.
  8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Bet you a pint we never get an answer!

Astramax likes this.