Refund of faulty fittings

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by mjmc105, Sep 12, 2015.

1. mjmc105

mjmc105 New Member

I have just spent half an hour at your store waiting for your counter staff trying to find a invoice to enable exchange of faulty fittings. Not only has this wasted my time, your counter staff time but lots of customers who had to wait behind me because your staff was trying to find a invoice. This is crazy!!! The fittings are in your packets, surly the manager should have discretion to avoid all this wasted time. The goods cost £10 my time will be over a hour a cost of £75. Any other plumbing company I use can use discretion.

The good are two packets of inserts 20652 your system in store only goes back to 28th July due to the large number of transactions we make. I had hope that by ordering this product today they could of use that as a invoice reference apparently not. This is not the first time we have had difficulties in returning faulty goods, but I hope common sense will stop this from happening again.

I await your reply and offer of compensation for my time.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

What happened to YOUR, invoice, might have saved a lot of THIER time had you had it.;)

seen it all before likes this.
  4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Usually when someone berates a company like this they know that it is actually their own fault, but attempt to cast the blame elsewhere, I may be wrong-but on past experience, just saying!.
    And at £75 an hour I can see why you're upset, you haven't earned the full £3000 this week that you normally charge, one must be totally gutted.
    PS, one really needs to either learn English or proof read or stop drinking.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You should always send the servants to the menial jobs :)

6. Hey, give the guy a break!

He's fully booked up with work, charges £75 per hour - but just HAD to return these pipe sleeves at that time, in the middle of an active working day.

Had to had to had to.

So, I'm willing to put my hand in my pocket and give the guy a £iver if others are equally happy to? He only expects £75 after all. There must be another 14 of us on here with a heart?

C'mon peeps - you know it's a worth-while cause.

goldenboy and Rulland like this.
  7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am in for it DA.

I mean the guy is obviously running a massive corporation and needs the charity.

Taking a £10 fitting back is what keeps him in Bentleys, Tesco Finest Pizzas and Haribo Gold.

Its only the little people who need to bother with invoices

DA Perhaps we could also raise some money for Lexo and his useless nail gun.

For those of who missed it the other night there was an absolute classic thread which sadly has been removed.

It ended with a new member trying to find out my IP address so he could come down to my workshop so he could sort me out.

8. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yeah blimey goldenboy, what a thread indeed , soon turned a bit nasty and threatening

I've noticed there's been a few nutters on this site recently, OP,s that are in a right "pickle" :eek:

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I haven't ever seen a thread like that before.

Geezer came on to allegedly warn people of a "scam"

Got rumbled as a fraud and a bit of an idiot

Even made up a fake member to help him.

Then starts going absolutely loco.

Giving it the big "Liam Neeson" in Taken.

"I am going to hunt you down, you never know when retribution will arrive!" etc etc

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry, I was a bit ****** :oops::oops:

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It was carnage Chippie. Absolute grade A carnage.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He wasn't called Hudson was he?

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Who was it who rumbled him for faking those photos?

Last time I looked on the Bosch Community he was all over it absolutely drooling over Bosch kit.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Aww ,, come on GB, You shouldn't have offered to stick the Paslode where the sun never shines. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I know! I just couldn't resist. He started it though. I have saved a parking permit at the workshop and will get extra milk and teabags in for the next couple of weeks.

16. As I recall, that's what the other cove suggested he'd do to GB... :eek:

Golden, I hadn't realised it'd deteriorated even further (after I'd gorn to bed, leaving you two to slog it out...) with him after your IP addy! What a prize tool.

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It just kept going on and on.

He was going on about fixed and floating IP addresses.

Telling me he was starting the journey to take his revenge (moped I presume).

All highly entertaining!

18. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Dynamic it was guys, just like your IP gb!, lol, jeez there's been some real good 'ens recently ain't there?.

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Absolutely.

When the second guy came on claiming problems with the same company and misspelling the same words as the OP I knew it was hooky.

As soon as he got busted it went atomic!

20. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

As I recall, they only spelt one word similarly incorrectly. The word 'there' instead of 'their'. So it could well have been anyone, even someone 'pickled'.

I reckon Screwfix should archive these pieces of deleted posts so that those interested can check them out! I missed all the main action too :(

Mr. HandyAndy - Really