Relocate soil pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jemma14, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Jemma14

Jemma14 New Member

Hi everyone I’m looking for some advise on moving my soil pipe. We are planning to knock through our kitchen to our snug but the soil pipe runs right in the middle of the room as the previous owners had extended so just boxed it in. I have attached a photo to show what I would like to do. I want to move the soil pipe from the kitchen to the utility room this will mean taking the soil pipe from the right of the toilet to the left and taking it down to the utility. My diagram shows in black where the current soil pipe is and the pink where I’m hoping it can go, are we able to block it off at floor level and still use the vent out of the roof and take it the other way as shown? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. ecoplumbing

ecoplumbing Active Member

Can't see any problems reusing the same vent. Is the Pipe at the bottom of your drawing the underground drainage?

Jemma14 likes this.
  3. Jemma14

Jemma14 New Member

Great thank you. Yes that is the underground drain.

4. ecoplumbing

You'd have to dig down and install a rest bend, ideally a long radius one. The old drain will need capping off at both ends.
    Is there any access points for the drain? Manhole further down,etc?

5. Jemma14

Jemma14 New Member

Thanks I didn’t think about having to cap it off. That pipe leads to the front manhole and we have a rainwater manhole to the rear. Where would you suggest capping it off?

6. ecoplumbing

Just needs capping off underground where you'll be breaking into the drain, concrete mix will be fine. Same inside where you'll be removing the soil pipe. It's just to stop smells, rats, and any possible subsidence

7. Jemma14

Jemma14 New Member

Thank you so much for your help!

ecoplumbing likes this.
  8. koolpc

koolpc Well-Known Member

Awesome diagram! Love it!

9. Jemma14

Jemma14 New Member